redirected to junk/spam sites?

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
hi

sometimes when i click on the SCN link in my favourites i get taken to a junk/spam website as oppose to the SCN one. doesn't happen all the time, only started doing this a week or so ago.

just me, or a known issue?

thanks

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
hi

sometimes when i click on the SCN link in my favourites i get taken to a junk/spam website as oppose to the SCN one. doesn't happen all the time, only started doing this a week or so ago.

just me, or a known issue?

thanks

The issue is with your email provider sadly - who do you use? Yahoo/BT used to be a royal PITA

Edit, remembered I can look it up myself... Hotmail - just add [email protected] to your safe senders and contacts list & it shouldn't go into spam

just to add, have recently swopped over to chrome and it doesn't recognise new posts?

Odd, been using chrome since it's release & never had an issue with http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/search.php?do=getnew

Last edited:

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
hi guys, not sure if we're talking at cross purposes, i'm not referring to my email system, i mean when i click on SCN in my internet favourites it sometimes takes me to another website, the website itself can seem to vary but they're what i class as junk sites.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Post up the site next time you're sent to

Sounds like a hosts file (but that's all the time, not sometimes)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Odd. Would definitely be interested to see if you could scan for viruses and malware

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Thanks.

Would be interested if this continues... I've made a change to the one thing not directly in our control (google ads)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Does the page initial load, then redirect or do you go straight to the junk site?

Also

What OS and browser combo?

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Thanks.

Would be interested if this continues... I've made a change to the one thing not directly in our control (google ads)

I know of at least one other site where they had an issue with google ads throwing into a trojan etc recently. stopped using the site with my laptop and now only pop in there via my iPad .

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Odd, I've changed a setting or 700 to alter it.

I only ever access on mac, ipad or iphone these days - so I'll dig out the old laptop & have a bash

It's not so much a trojan as forcing a new page. Hoping the alterations have fixed it, as it's against googles policy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members