Reducing lag

Dec 31, 2005
London
It has THS H beam conrods and new Big end bearings
this is the thing i dont understand though, its now running the n75 like how it was mapped with so surely it wouldnt be hitting 2.23bar?

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
It has THS H beam conrods and new Big end bearings
this is the thing i dont understand though, its now running the n75 like how it was mapped with so surely it wouldnt be hitting 2.23bar?

*cough* thats some serious boost there.. i would keep it at that level if i were you... tame to 1.8bar but 2.2bar is hooning it.. i know i have run my turbos to 2.7bar and feck they're quick BUT they are also over speeding the bearings i fear.

if you like the higher level, just adjust the apexi up

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
How do you go about getting a higher redline?

you build an engine & turbo setup which can continue to flow at the higher rpms.
forget any k0x turbo being like this, just not enough pumping in them to sustain those power levels and airflow @ higher rpm.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Honda S2000 has no turbo and early models revved to 9000rpm. V10 r8 revs to 8600rpm etc etc. Thought it was more of case of na tuning than turbo choice? :confused::shrug:

its the case of the engine being able to breath @ those rpms.
you cant compare the s2000 to 1.8t. one with vtech and one without, one with shag all torque one with shed loads.

atmo car HAS to rev its tits off to pump more air. Turbo car has a turbo to cheat and boost flow thru the motor, but combine this to higher revs (if) the engine can cope with the flow & breathing, then it can also produce high power at high revs... In a small 1900cc motor like mine it take revs to pump air to feed the turbo to then feed the motor again.. downside is nothing down at 3krpm, 4krpm its starting, 4.7krpm its full on, and continue until I "bottle" it at 9000rpm.

GT35R on there, cams, standalone ecu, water/meth injection, 8 injectors... etc etc

Poverty

its the case of the engine being able to breath @ those rpms.
you cant compare the s2000 to 1.8t. one with vtech and one without, one with shag all torque one with shed loads.

atmo car HAS to rev its tits off to pump more air. Turbo car has a turbo to cheat and boost flow thru the motor, but combine this to higher revs (if) the engine can cope with the flow & breathing, then it can also produce high power at high revs... In a small 1900cc motor like mine it take revs to pump air to feed the turbo to then feed the motor again.. downside is nothing down at 3krpm, 4krpm its starting, 4.7krpm its full on, and continue until I "bottle" it at 9000rpm.

GT35R on there, cams, standalone ecu, water/meth injection, 8 injectors... etc etc

I see, so to build a 2.0 TFSI that revs that high would require alot of expensive work.

Thanks for the info :)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
no im just saying that it was mapped with the n75, but not at 2.23bar so does that mean the n75 is goosed and overboosting?

my first thing would be to swap for another one and see if its consistent high boost.
If it can be controlled via unisettings on load control you may recover some control of it.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
If your suddenly running 0.7 bar more than usual you think it might be detting! It wouldn't matter what internals you had the engine would soon be screwed!
Personally I don't think you need to rev past 7800 unless you have a gt35 or bigger.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
It did do this with me, no quite that high, maybe 2 bar max. but apexi doesn't measure in BAR its some other measurement (Nearly the same though).

If you load the engine up from low revs it will spike, but put your foot down above say 4K its not nearly as bad, iam sure James at JBS said a snake head style DP with flow divider would help combat this.

I used to let it spike and never seemed to bother it, was mapped like this so it will be fine. But it does go like hell doesn't it!!

Do some logging with VAGCOM or get it on a rolling road and measure boost. But sure it spiked between 3.5 - 4K, then 1.4 BAR as far as i dare rev it. I never did find the rev limiter, but i never revved it past 7.5K.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2005
London
definitely faster with n75, goes like stink! 3rd gear is awesome but i need the tracking done as its pulling to the left quite a lot, getting new tyres 2moro aswell.
I know i need to get some logs done etc but tbh i only use vagcom for fault codes so a bit of a noob when it comes to logging etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.