Relay Panel

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me which relay does what on the relay panel. I've found it so I don't need help with that, just wondering if there is a relay related to the windows?

Pic added

DSCN1748.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Relay positions are numbered from the top left on the upper, supplementary, panel: top row 1-6, bottom row 7-13.

Position 8 - Terminal 30 voltage supply relay (109)

The panel below that is the main relay panel with positions 1-4 left to right, and the big wash/wipe relay on the far right in positions V and VI (No idea why they are labelled with roman numerals)

1 - Dual tone horn relay (53)
2 - X contact relief relay (100)
4 - Glow plug relay (103)
V/VI - wash/wipe system: without rain sensor, without headlight washer system (377)

The number on the relay can is a code which identifies what the relays functionality is, so you may find another 53 relay in position 10 as a fuel pump relay on PD cars, or in position 13 as a radiator fan relay.

Last edited:

fahafiz

Jan 29, 2007
where do you find relay 109 on a Leon? should i replace the black one with a newer gray one?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
fahafiz: There is only one 109 relay on the board, and it's in the same place on Leons and Toledos, position 8, as shown above. If you have a left-hand drive car, then the relay positions are different, and that relay is in position 12

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland

Thanks Lee.

I got new glow plugs put in but the garage said they kept blowing the glow plug fuse on top of the battery.

I just want to check everything is working ok. I don't have any EML on the dash anymore since they were changed but because they were blowing the fuse I want to check everything is making a secure connection.

I will use a phase tester and see if power is getting to the loom.

Michael Daly

May 11, 2018
Relay positions are numbered from the top left on the upper, supplementary, panel: top row 1-6, bottom row 7-13.

Position 8 - Terminal 30 voltage supply relay (109)

The panel below that is the main relay panel with positions 1-4 left to right, and the big wash/wipe relay on the far right in positions V and VI (No idea why they are labelled with roman numerals)

1 - Dual tone horn relay (53)
2 - X contact relief relay (100)
4 - Glow plug relay (103)
V/VI - wash/wipe system: without rain sensor, without headlight washer system (377)

The number on the relay can is a code which identifies what the relays functionality is, so you may find another 53 relay in position 10 as a fuel pump relay on PD cars, or in position 13 as a radiator fan relay.
Where does the fuel pump get it's power if there is no 53 relay in position 10?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.