Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Remap and camshafts, is it worhh?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk2 (1993-1999)' started by Booster, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Booster

Booster wroooom

I have Ibiza 1.8 GTi 16v, recenty I was changed stock mainfold with sport type (Ta Technics) It is identical like supersprint model. Next week I will put fully flow exhaust from catalysator to back and catalysator is also metall, not ceramic.

So now is the question what's next? I think maybe put camshafts from ABF and make a remap, or maybe just remap for now. I don't know what will I get with It (is it worth of cost). Remap is in my country about £200.

Can someone tell me from first hand what is the difference before and after remap or changing camshafts (if any of you done that).

2. M1KEH

M1KEH M1KE

Remap isn't worth it until you've changed the camshafts and put on throttle bodies.

3. Booster

Booster wroooom

I thought so, only throttle bodies is out the question because It will still be an everyday car...moreover a family car :)

4. M1KEH

M1KEH M1KE

Throttle bodies are perfect on an everyday car if mapped correctly.

5. Zero

Zero Full Member

You will need also a standalone for running ITB`s except you buy dbilas throttle bodies.

On N/A engine you will get the power with higher CR, so grinding the head for 0.5mm will bring you ca 11:1 compression.

Changing your ADL block for a 9A block is also an option to get 2L 16v.

6. Booster

Booster wroooom

2 M1KEH: I think that throttle bodies makes too much noise...do they?
    2 Zero: In this case I'll be reather change whole engine with ABF but I don't wanna spend that much money for this.