Remap Cupra 280

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
I've found remaps from MTM and ABT-Sportsline but none from Revo. Does any of you know if there's a REVO-map availabe and which numbers they're pushing?

I still can't figure out the difference between the Cupra and Golf R / Audi S3 enginges, the later seems to be able to produce a couple more hp / Nm than the first.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
there should be no difference, the engines are the same so if you at Revo's webiste you'll get 346 to 371 depending on fuel. UK fuel is better so id be looking towards the 360-370 mark if i was you

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
there should be no difference, the engines are the same so if you at Revo's webiste you'll get 346 to 371 depending on fuel. UK fuel is better so id be looking towards the 360-370 mark if i was you

Well, that was my opinion aswell. But according to MTM, they quote 360hp for Golf R / S3 and 350 for the Cupra. (They just released stage 2 for Golf R, 380 with dp).

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
Shark are using DTE boxes with their maps on, with good results.

I think that the actual CU mapping from Shark will be available shortly

If I get it done, this is where I'll be headed (for the 3rd time). I'm sceptical about REVOs figures, +95BHP?? That's a 35% gain. Whilst their maps are undoubtedly of high quality, there has been a few threads over at Briskoda about wildly excessive claims in their marketing spiel. Personally I'd prefer smooth delivery over headline numbers anyway, if only so that the DSG box doesn't try to eat itself. Mind you APR are claiming 310-320 BHP from their stage 1 software for the new Octy vRS / Golf 7 2.0Tsi with several independent (i.e. customer, not APR produced) RR printouts, so who knows...

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
I'm sure there's a thread somewhere of an open RR day, there were sharked and revod cars on their rollers. You can guess the outcomes.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If I get it done, this is where I'll be headed (for the 3rd time). I'm sceptical about REVOs figures, +95BHP?? That's a 35% gain. Whilst their maps are undoubtedly of high quality, there has been a few threads over at Briskoda about wildly excessive claims in their marketing spiel. Personally I'd prefer smooth delivery over headline numbers anyway, if only so that the DSG box doesn't try to eat itself. Mind you APR are claiming 310-320 BHP from their stage 1 software for the new Octy vRS / Golf 7 2.0Tsi with several independent (i.e. customer, not APR produced) RR printouts, so who knows...

3 REVO cars (Including mine) have been on independent RR's and made similar figures to what REVO claim.

I'd like to get mine on R-Tech's rollers soon as they are known to be abit of a heart breaker.

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
Both octy showed close to stock at shark when I had them done. Current car never tested as I used sts, but first car had a turbo issue that Ben worked around to get 236/400Nm. Current car feels quicker but the uprated fuel pump explains that and many FL tsi engines are showing 250+ on their rollers.

It's all irrelevant anyway, it's how it drives and then how you drive it.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Yeh its getting time to pop up and then getting a slot as he's very busy.

Didn't yours actually make 330hp but had a 40hp correction added on due to sky high intake temps indicated on the graph?

Would be great to see what it makes on R-Techs rollers :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Sky high temps are due to this engine (the TSI) running stupidly hot.

VWR Golf R and 3 other Cupra 280's have made similar power on DIFFERENT rolling roads.

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
So the £599 question is what's the subjective improvement? I've not driven it yet with any purpose, that will come Monday evening, but my quick sprints from 30 to 80 suggested it wasn't dramatically quicker than my albeit modified octy in a straight line anyway. I'd expect that just to be typical test drive impression though which is always going to be more subdued than real world ownership.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members