Remap For LCR 225

Sxanth

Jan 7, 2012
Colchester
It's up to you. I personally wouldn't put that much torque on cast components.

If you done it as long as you were careful and didnt nail it and ride the torque all the time then you might be ok. My argument is why bother if you can't enjoy the power id be worried everytime I put my foot down.

It's rolling the dice in my opinion. Rods are only about a grand I'd get it done but its up to you isn't it :)

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
i know exactly what your talking about mate, i wish i could whack forged rods in. but money is a little tight at the moment. not to mention my car is on 74k now, so im expecting to have to replace the clutch at some point due to the mileage and stress of a stage 2 map it wont be long after i would of thought and as you probably know that would cost the best part of a grand.

Sxanth

Jan 7, 2012
Colchester
Yeah had problems had to have it done again so cost me a fair bit.

First one lasted about 800 miles then died.

Sorted now thank god.

The money I have spend could have bought the P1 lol

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
really? i spoke with amd who told me a intercooler was optional. the standard twin side mount setup is good for 300 bhp...

correct me if im wrong lol :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I know of at least 5 stage 2 AmD mapped LCR's that are running good power and driven fairly hard, 4 of them have done track sessions aswell and no problems with internals.

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
BAM and AMK engines have forged pistons and crank. the rods are the weak point. by the sounds of it its possible for the rods to bend on any remapped car be it a stage 1 or 2. i guess its down to whether you want to take the risk. im sure the majority of people havent had any problems, at the end of the day your only going to ever here the bad stories which make it seem common!

a good mate of mine (285cupramatty on here) has a LCR running 280 bhp on the standard rods and its been 280 bhp for a long time. it gets driven fairly hard and has done 2 track days and the rods have behaved themselves. its on 117k now aswell!

im debating whether to actually get a remap now. or just wait for the funds and change the rods then map it. or just forget it altogether. the last thing i want is to shell out on a new engine!

Last edited:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
really? i spoke with amd who told me a intercooler was optional. the standard twin side mount setup is good for 300 bhp...

correct me if im wrong lol :)

It may be good for it but i wouldn't want to run with a lot higher intake temps especially with summer approaching.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.