Remap For LCR 225

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Torque is what throws you back in the seat, bends your rods and kills your clutches... Find a nice progressive map for the best balance of performance / longevity / fun IMO.

REVO etc are all well and good, but Badger 5 / R.T.E.C.H also get my vote - I'd rather have a map moulded around my car rather than just plugged in and copied over.

Keep your eyes peeled for maps originating in Germany, I'm led to believe they have strict regulations on emissions and are not allowed to tweak the fuelling on any remaps, meaning boost is increased and timing is advanced while running the standard fuelling map (0.953 lambda under wide open throttle). This results in a very rapid increase in exhaust gas temps and is not good for the lump under your hood. You can spot these by logging block 031 and 112 in Vagcom - you will see fuelling requests of 0.953 in block 031 until EGTs hit 920 in block 112, then engine will fuel dump as ECU requests 0.6x or 0.7x lambda to try and cool things down.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2012
On the subject of remaps, when all Cupras leave the SEAT factory do they have an identical map or can there be minor differences and is it tailored to the individual vehicle? Would they all pump out exactly the same power? Could some be running slightly under the official power and some slightly above?

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Anyway I've decided to wait for the map. I want to enjoy the car so I'm going to rebuild it after I've saved a few £££ new rings, big end bearings forged con rods etc

Think I'm going to keep the original pistons as there forged as standard and are more than capable of the power I would be achieving.

Last edited:

alias

May 9, 2011
Essex
From my perspective, that's probably the wisest (if not necessarily the cheapest) route to go down. I'm doing the same at the moment. While many cars will run mapped with no problems, you just know that it'll be your engine that throws it's toys out of the pram!

Along with making it stronger, you'll also be renewing certain lifed items anyway - rings, bearings, seals etc. It should extend the life of your engine as well as making it stronger to boot.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise