Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

jazza fr

Apr 4, 2012
Ireland
Hi all, that age old question

Where would you recommend i take my Cupra 290 for a remap?:help:

Searched the forum and found various post but nothing conclusive. Currently living in Ireland but visiting England for 2 weeks over xmas and wondering if anyone could suggest a place to do it? I'll be in London for the 2 weeks but willing to travel to anywhere for the right remap.

Cheers for any input always much appreciated :)

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset

Searched the forum and found various post but nothing conclusive. Currently living in Ireland but visiting England for 2 weeks over xmas and wondering if anyone could suggest a place to do it? I'll be in London for the 2 weeks but willing to travel to anywhere for the right remap.

If you are driving down from Holyhead to London, you will go right past VRS in Northampton (M1). They did an APR remap for me with a rolling road test in about an hour and a bit (While You Wait service!)

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere

I have a TDI-Tuning box on mine, because I don't want to void my warranty. Thoroughly recommend the box, car goes like stink with a very linear powerband. Think stock+++.

jazza fr

Apr 4, 2012
Ireland
Hmmmm yeah i dont know what to run just trying to see from peoples experiences what they have. VRS in northampton is a good shout though

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
has anyone had any experience with the TDI tuning chips? they say that they are warranty safe, but how can they be if the turbo goes bang, and the ecu is sent off for inspection..i'm pretty sure they're going to see the boost levels are off the charts, and the torque through the gearbox is going to be a big flashing warning..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Any issues with it so far? Is the MPG about the same?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No issues whatsoever. Car goes like stink. There's 7 maps, you simply select the one you want. Mines second from top (second highest). Same mpg, no change.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
No issues whatsoever. Car goes like stink. There's 7 maps, you simply select the one you want. Mines second from top (second highest). Same mpg, no change.
Was worried you'd say that! Trying not to buy one of these or a DTUK box but finding it hard to resist! Why did you choose the TDI box over the DTUK one?

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Was worried you'd say that! Trying not to buy one of these or a DTUK box but finding it hard to resist! Why did you choose the TDI box over the DTUK one?

Honestly? No reason. Perhaps in the back of my head I thought the '-' and '+' on the DTUK were too complicated for me. I recommend the TDI-Tuning box, if you are looking for one.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Honestly? No reason. Perhaps in the back of my head I thought the '-' and '+' on the DTUK were too complicated for me. I recommend the TDI-Tuning box, if you are looking for one.

Does your lass turn the tv volume up for you :rofl:

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
On a serious note tho, How are you getting on with the TDI box? awhats the power like and from a techy pov, what does it connect to on the tfsi engine?

jazza fr

Apr 4, 2012
Ireland
Cheers for the responses, that box has thrown a spanner into the works now.....
Whats everyone using thereselves?

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Cheers for the responses, that box has thrown a spanner into the works now.....
Whats everyone using thereselves?

I am no expert but my thoughts are get a box whilst in warranty ( tdi, dtuk or jb4) and then a remap after the warranty.

Last edited:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
On a serious note tho, How are you getting on with the TDI box? awhats the power like and from a techy pov, what does it connect to on the tfsi engine?

Boost pressure sensor, accessed from underneath the car, and the fuel pressure sensor, underneath the engine cover. So two sensors.

The power is immense. The car pulls like ****. Fourth gear is particularly potent; car can be left in fourth on a country road.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.