Remap in kent

Bace

Aug 19, 2017
Kent
Paul, give the boys at The Motorist Centre in Hersden a shout. Currently got 2 x LC150 TDI's from them and they've both been remapped by the guy they always use.

bangerstox10

May 19, 2016
CANTERBURY
Ok tried the motorist centre, they dont do it and havent offered that service for a few years but they used to use AMD.
Read a load of good things about Bobby but mostly about diesels, I presume he does petrol, take it he has a Rolling Road?? any idea of contact details and or costs?
Thanks

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Ok tried the motorist centre, they dont do it and havent offered that service for a few years but they used to use AMD.
Read a load of good things about Bobby but mostly about diesels, I presume he does petrol, take it he has a Rolling Road?? any idea of contact details and or costs?
Thanks

Bobby will use a rolling road locally. Found him to be very informed and he will take you through the map changes to the style of changes you want, I turned down max power to keep some fuel savings.
His after sales service is very good and happy to talk over anything or check out logs to make sure things are running sweet. Reminds me that I've got to do one to send him. It will also help to be able to do those logs, or have someone that can.

[email protected]

You can see a lot of his work over at MKIVS.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
I would recommend AmD in Grays as had my last three cars remapped by them and am very happy with my results, i'm not talking about the figures, that's all what day of week it is, air temp, fuel quality, which leg the operator was standing on etc. etc. what matters to me is the way my cars drive / drove. If your car makes you smile, they've done a good job.

There are others who dislike AmD (search around) so its horses for courses really. Badger5 seems to have a V.great reputation but i've heard people say his RR reads high too, so..... I believe nothing till witnessed 1st hand.

Bottom line is I don't think you'd go wrong with anyone recommended on here.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Badger 5 or AmD , sorted.

Not for me, went to AMD and told me I needed a new turbo and a £1200 bill. Said no thanks and 5 years later and that same turbo is still going strong on a remap from somewhere else.

Badger might be a bit of a drive too far but that's the OP's choice.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Fair enough, good to hear good and bad experiences. Not had them do too much other than remaps mainly but on my Leon they did send me away as needed a new cam sensor before they would remap it, then when I got there a few weeks later (after fitting myself) the crappy 3 way pipe that connects the engine breathers to the TIP had cracked (seems common) but they sourced and had fitted within a couple of hours a new one and then mapped my car and only charged me for the part + remap, which I thought was good.

There's something to be said for driving a distance though, its worth it if you want to visit a specific tuner, I once drove 3 hours to get one of my Impreza's remapped, was a fun drive back. Many others on here have the same story :)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I would recommend AmD in Grays as had my last three cars remapped by them and am very happy with my results, i'm not talking about the figures, that's all what day of week it is, air temp, fuel quality, which leg the operator was standing on etc. etc. what matters to me is the way my cars drive / drove. If your car makes you smile, they've done a good job.

There are others who dislike AmD (search around) so its horses for courses really. Badger5 seems to have a V.great reputation but i've heard people say his RR reads high too, so..... I believe nothing till witnessed 1st hand.

Bottom line is I don't think you'd go wrong with anyone recommended on here.

I have to put you right on this one. Badger5 is the other way around.
His rolling road is very stingy.
Known through out the industry to give lower reading than most.
Has been a heart breaker for lots of cars thinking they have huge figures.
They even tell you on the phone when booking in about it.
You get true figures.
AMD. I thought worth a shout,heard good things and were on my short list of tuners. but after researching found people with paperwork from them claiming 286 on a 225 Cupra r on a stage 1 with air filter and cat back, so lost faith in them tbh.

My advice to OP is to do the research. Can't beat it.
I now drive two hrs each way to see the guys at Badger5 for my tuning needs.
Drive home s always a happy event.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
I have to put you right on this one. Badger5 is the other way around.
His rolling road is very stingy.
Known through out the industry to give lower reading than most.
Has been a heart breaker for lots of cars thinking they have huge figures.
They even tell you on the phone when booking in about it.
You get true figures.
AMD. I thought worth a shout,heard good things and were on my short list of tuners. but after researching found people with paperwork from them claiming 286 on a 225 Cupra r on a stage 1 with air filter and cat back, so lost faith in them tbh.

My advice to OP is to do the research. Can't beat it.
I now drive two hrs each way to see the guys at Badger5 for my tuning needs.
Drive home s always a happy event.

I can't disagree or agree, as I said depends who you talk to, the people I was talking to were at a rolling road shootout at AMD. I didn't ask what they were basing it on. I just mentioned it was what I'd heard but I'd say a recommendation from you on here is worth more than overhearing others talking about somewhere without backing it up with a reason (the same can be said with some of the comments on here about AmD). I've used AmD for years and have always been happy with there work, others on here hate them. I'm not trying to sell them, I live near them. If I lived near another reputable tuner, they would get my business.

I had the opposite experience when they mapped my car originally I only got 246 bhp and was a little disappointed when every man and his dog was getting 275 bhp from stage 1, they told me that these are not new cars and may have made near that when new but not at 10 years old.

As much as they are calibrated, Rolling road figures should never really be taken as gospel, the only thing they are good for really is if you change things on your car as a comparison tool on the same RR. The driving feel is what you should base your experience on, but as men we all love to have the biggest BHP numbers down the pub (or on the track) :)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just having a scan around the web and surprised at how many RR's there are. One for the OP maybe https://www.jfautomotive.co.uk/ , it's in Maidstone, Kent, their website looks professional, maybe worth find more out about them.

Agreed. AMD were high on my list for a while. Good race pedigree.
Yes the whole figures thing is stupid.
Numbers on a sheet of paper mean nothing. Real life is where it counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vwtrev

jamiehaigh1986

Oct 4, 2017
Mine is mapped by AMD, running stage 2. Great guys and certainly know their stuff! if they are local to you, I highly recommend them. They run cars in the the British Touring Car Championship, so they can't be that bad lol.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Mine is mapped by AMD, running stage 2. Great guys and certainly know their stuff! if they are local to you, I highly recommend them. They run cars in the the British Touring Car Championship, so they can't be that bad lol.

What figures are you producing?
With what mods mate?
Re AMD, They did run/ sponsor a team in BTCC.
Not sure they do that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jamiehaigh1986

Oct 4, 2017
Full milltech exhaust system with decat, ram air induction kit, badger 5 TIP, GFB-DV. Not that they make a difference but got ECS Tuning uprated coils aswell. these are just stronger, does feel more responsive with these on. Running 270BHP on stage 2 without a FMIC. Putting an airtec front mount on soon and will get it mapped again. Should be good for about 280-285.

AMD run 2 teams now mate in the BTCC

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.