1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Remap or not?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by daverave, Mar 12, 2011.

1. daverave

daverave Active Member

I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons of getting my 05 plate LCR remapped. I'm thinking of getting the REVO stage 1. But some advice beforehand will be appreciated!

I assume I'm likely to see a reduced MPG but my missus also drives the car and she's slower than a pensioner - is she likely to see a reduced MPG also?

What other mods will I require for the Stage 1 remap? I already have a Milltek sports exhaust.

I'm hoping to keep my LCR for as long as possible. Will a remap put extra strain on certain parts of the car and reduce it's life expectancy? Will it become more expensive to service?

Thanks for any responses!

Cheers - Dave

2. leons_ leon

leons_ leon BYE BYE GTI

I have stage 1 revo on my lcr and i get 26mpg around town, only thing that i would get done to the car with a stage one map is a forge 007p with yellow spring and a T.I.P (turbo intake pipe):D

3. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

Get it, you won't regret it, MPG is all down to how you drive, if you are on boost all the time you will lower your MPG, if you missus drives like an old folk(like mine) she won't see much difference in MPG.

You car won't become more expensive to service as a remap only affects the ECU, it may show up any possible weak components alright, DV, TIP maybe but nothing to worry about.

4. seatcupramad23

seatcupramad23 kc4even23

since having my revo map down , i notice an increase mpg from 26-28 mpg now 30-33 on the same jorney to work , but if you drive hard it will use more as low as 14mpg . in regards to reliability , if you increase boost and advance timing which gives of more heat then yeah it will put more strain on standard components

5. Jamie225

Jamie225 Active Member

just get it done, you will not regret it at all. drivability is vastly improved imo. if your clutch isn't in great nick a remap may get the better of it, tip isnt essential but recommended, same for dv.

6. billyhas

billyhas Full Member

No other mods required for stage 1.I ran standard dv and tip for 2 years on Revo stage1.Only upgraded for stage 2 but dv and tip still not strictly required. Although i must add others have experienced component failure in these areas. If you do nothing else to your motor you will not be dissapointed with a remap. Biggest bang for buck

7. daverave

daverave Active Member

Thanks All - I think I'll go for it!

If the dv and/or TIP fail, will this cause the car to breakdown? Or just a loss of power? Sorry for probably a stupid question!

8. seatcupramad23

seatcupramad23 kc4even23

maybe not breakdown but run poorly, and defo loss of power

9. andycupra

andycupra status subject to change

if you drive like for like you will not see a reducing in MPG. in fact due to better timing settings you may even see an increase in MPG.

But, of course more power is more fuel, so when you are on full throttle, and running more boost then it will use more fuel.

10. s1l3nc3r

s1l3nc3r ASBO car.

Arnt revo still doing the free 5 hour trial..????