remap

fruitcake1987

Hi guys I'm after a bit of advise I'm looking to get a remap on my 04 tdi cupra and have found a company that are close and in my budget there offering to put it up to 206 bhp with 322 torque I'm new to remaps and after research have found it may damage the clutch is this common? Will I need a new clutch before the remap? Many thanks

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
no you wont need a clutch if you drive normal
you will need a uprated clutch if you drive spirited
the clutch will slip in 3rd/4th/5th and 6th when it comes onto boost if you drive the car hard
i replaced mine because of this and when it took it out it wasnt even half worn it just couldnt take the power through it
i fitted a helix uprated clutch with a dualmass
Lots of money £700 +

Dilligaf

300 plus on the torque and you are definitely into new clutch territory. That seems to be the recognised limit for these clutches. Do it knowing you will probs need a new clutch and you won't look back! I made nearly 330 torque and it slipped immediately on boost.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

fruitcake1987

I thought it might need replacing with the increase might have to wait a while, £250 for a remap is affordable but adding a racing clutch is a little out my range plus only had it a month now so sorting out the previous owners neglect still but couldn't imagine owning another car just wanted to iron out the flat spots and give it a boost where needed thanks for the reply guys

fruitcake1987

Was gonna get it done by Celtic tuning in roche but if needing a new clutch will need to wait and save more mahony

Rays_Cupra150

New to Seatcupra.net,
Anyone know of any good remap companies around the Brum area? Looking to hopefully remap my Leon too but admittedly I am a complete novice when talking remapping etc etc! My Leon is completely standard, it is the 150bhp model and from what I've heard and read online after a remap it should boost up to around the 180bhp mark? Is that correct?

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Hi!

We are based in Wolverhampton, so not too far.

The P-Torque remap for your Leon is £265.00 all in including set up on the dyno and power runs before and after.

You'll see approx 185hp and 295lbs / ft from stage 1 alone.

Mao

Apr 27, 2010
Birmingham
I see you're in Cornwall. Ive had two diesels 110 Leon and a 140 altea mapped by angel tuning in Plymouth. Generic map and probably not the max power but definitely worth every penny and I've never had any probs with clutch slip. Celtic do look good tho and seem like really nice people. If you wanna save your clutch, just let them know and they can knock it down a bit.

fruitcake1987

I was thinking bout that as I'm not really looking for mega power just I little here and there, wots the limit on a standard clutch ? Thanks for reply

Mao

Apr 27, 2010
Birmingham
I have no idea :) I'm a complete amateur compared to the guys and girls on here. I can only speak from my limited experience. For the money I have been more than happy with my remaps and no problems for me. Amazing increase in power, feels like you're driving a different car. At £200 it was worth every penny. The guy in plym is by no means a tuner, he just uploads the map. Depends what your looking for. If it's a pro and you have more money check out Rk engineering in Cornwall. My opinion of course :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi guys I'm after a bit of advise I'm looking to get a remap on my 04 tdi cupra and have found a company that are close and in my budget there offering to put it up to 206 bhp with 322 torque I'm new to remaps and after research have found it may damage the clutch is this common? Will I need a new clutch before the remap? Many thanks

206bhp from a stage1 with no supporting mods at all? :cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Well ive been on here since 2007, i started off with an Ibiza TDI and then a Leon TDI

Attended many Rolling Road days, seen many different maps, Spent alot of time around Hybrid Turbo'd TDI's... im not in the business of maping or even car tuning but have been round long enough to know whats BS and whats fairly reliable

If you look at the likes of REVO they offer a map for this car thats rated to around 170bhp for stage 1, They obviously do some testing on these maps to know whats safe inside the oem hardware

So either this company is downloading a map from the internet they have know idea about and it will only put out 170bhp if that, he will sell it as a 205bhp map, you will test drive it and it will feel really good and you will think yeh ive got 205bhp

Or the map is a real pusher that will give you the advertised power but at the expense of the engine in a few weeks

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi!

We are based in Wolverhampton, so not too far.

The P-Torque remap for your Leon is £265.00 all in including set up on the dyno and power runs before and after.

You'll see approx 185hp and 295lbs / ft from stage 1 alone.

:D I'd go with Will @ P-Torque, excellent map and service. Not just a generic upload map but will tweak it on the rollers to get the best out of the engine and mods etc. Top bloke. Had his stage 1 map on my 1.8T Ibiza FR and it flew...

Oh ok that's what the garage told me is this bull

Certainly sounds like it!

Last edited:

Dilligaf

Well Bill at Badger5 (respected pro in this community) did my first rolling road and Custom Code stage 1 map. Completely standard it seemed to run 172bhp. I know there is dyno lottery involved but is it really that much out?! After map it hit 202bhp.

Now Bill was great but avoid Custom Code maps! Read on...

Mine blew the metal pancake boost pipe in half within 1 mile and clutch slipped before that. Within 1000miles the healthy turbo blew up.

Obviously some very expensive repairs later and a totally new tailored map and the thing is awesome and has managed 30k miles with no issue.

I see that a lot of stage 1 maps hit 180-185 no problem.

Just be aware that the MAP sensor has a top limit on these cars and after mapping will not give an overboost warning. I fitted a nice GlowShift gauge in a Nomad pillar pod to keep an eye in things.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2