remap

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Well Bill at Badger5 (respected pro in this community) did my first rolling road and Custom Code stage 1 map. Completely standard it seemed to run 172bhp. I know there is dyno lottery involved but is it really that much out?! After map it hit 202bhp.

Now Bill was great but avoid Custom Code maps! Read on...

Mine blew the metal pancake boost pipe in half within 1 mile and clutch slipped before that. Within 1000miles the healthy turbo blew up.

Obviously some very expensive repairs later and a totally new tailored map and the thing is awesome and has managed 30k miles with no issue.

I see that a lot of stage 1 maps hit 180-185 no problem.

Just be aware that the MAP sensor has a top limit on these cars and after mapping will not give an overboost warning. I fitted a nice GlowShift gauge in a Nomad pillar pod to keep an eye in things.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

a PD130 ran 172 as standard?

My PD170 only ran 167 standard

fruitcake1987

Well ive been on here since 2007, i started off with an Ibiza TDI and then a Leon TDI

Attended many Rolling Road days, seen many different maps, Spent alot of time around Hybrid Turbo'd TDI's... im not in the business of maping or even car tuning but have been round long enough to know whats BS and whats fairly reliable

If you look at the likes of REVO they offer a map for this car thats rated to around 170bhp for stage 1, They obviously do some testing on these maps to know whats safe inside the oem hardware

So either this company is downloading a map from the internet they have know idea about and it will only put out 170bhp if that, he will sell it as a 205bhp map, you will test drive it and it will feel really good and you will think yeh ive got 205bhp

Or the map is a real pusher that will give you the advertised power but at the expense of the engine in a few weeks

I've had real doubt since speaking to the garage they also said the clutch would be fine! this is why sign up to the forums I respect your advice more than a garage as you have no gain where as the garage will do anything to make a sale I think I will be looking at somewhere else for the map as this garage is just init for the money

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Clutches aren't always the issue depends how you drive.

My PD170 was tuned to stage 2 and was still fine, slipped very rarely, when i removed the clutch and dmf it wasn't that bad really. i uprated it for the sake of it.

Some very good and trusted tuners out there

Dilligaf

Leon FR are PD 150 engines. The OP had only said TDI Cupra which is an FR in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dilligaf

PD 130 and 150 engines are well known to make more than the listed bhp. I had a 130 tdi Pissrat that made 138bhp after 100k miles!

If they can tune the map to keep torque below 300 then you may be fine with the standard clutch.

fruitcake1987

The cars a 04 Leon tdi cupra just looking for some oomph the car and engine is great and would be fine without but I've heard so many good things about improved trqe bhp and mpg not looking to go extreme Cornish roads are very windy and won't be getting very much speed just a bit more oomph at low revs

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Leon FR are PD 150 engines. The OP had only said TDI Cupra which is an FR in 2005.

For some reason i thought he had said PD130 i must of been reading another thread at the same time :cartman:

Anyway whether its a PD75,PD80,PD110,PD130,PD140,PD150 or PD160 your not going to see 200+ from a Stage1

Even the PD170 struggles to achieve these figures without removing the DPF and then its not a Stage1

Will@ P-Torque has said below his expectations of power outputs from Map's and i think they are spot on

Dilligaf

I see that a lot of stage 1 maps hit 180-185 no problem.

And my post way above agrees with that.

Mine seemed to be a freak of VAG nature! Now it has a full turbo back Miltek and other mods it keeps up with the brothers 2.0 tfsi TT no trouble. That worried him the first time we went anywhere!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.