Remap

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Hey peeps I'm looking to remap my cupra 290 dsg got a quote near my place and it's like 1100 which I thinks it's too much so you guys know any other trust worthy place to get my car remap cheers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hey peeps I'm looking to remap my cupra 290 dsg got a quote near my place and it's like 1100 which I thinks it's too much so you guys know any other trust worthy place to get my car remap cheers

@Prau187... hi there... are you looking at getting just a stage 1 remap or the tcu remap aswell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello

Might actually help to tell us where abours you are first, £1100 is goign rate these days for ECU and TCU.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Manchester you have the option of APR software from AwesomeGTI or go to Unicorn Developments.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I've got a lcr are too which is manual remap on that is like 400 so I think I should of went for a manual lol

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
I've got a lcr are too which is manual remap on that is like 400 so I think I should of went for a manual lol

I know it’s lot of money to save and spend on these cars, I’ve got a 2017 St300 and when I had the revo stage1 remap& tcu “OMG” is a understatement in how much it transformed the car. Much smoother gear changes and the power.... welll lets just say 370+ ponies is awesome. The money I spent on the maps still puts a smile on my face now every time I jump in the car and take her to heaven and back.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I know it’s lot of money to save and spend on these cars, I’ve got a 2017 St300 and when I had the revo stage1 remap& tcu “OMG” is a understatement in how much it transformed the car. Much smoother gear changes and the power.... welll lets just say 370+ ponies is awesome. The money I spent on the maps still puts a smile on my face now every time I jump in the car and take her to heaven and back.

Now that what tempts me to get the remap done mate. How much did you pay ??

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I've just been on the phone to awesome GTI and they saying I dont need to get the tcu remapped because the will set a lower torque for the gearbox what you think guys?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I guess it depends on your own preference - I've driven stage one with and without the TCU map, and it does make a huge difference to the gearing and the power delivery.

I'd personally get the TCU map at the same time as the only reason I get a remap is for the additional performance, so why compromise and get a lower torque setting. (Completely my own view and I don't speak for anyone else).

There's a nice blend of APR, Revo and Racingline drivers in this thread already, so you'll get a wider view for them all

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.