Remap

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Its recommended on stage 2 to get the tcu done. Got is booked in at revo which is local to me only about 20 mins away stage one remap £600 and 80 quid to fit all my splitters

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Don’t forget that when everything has been done, we would like to see some pics and a few words on the new remap please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Don’t forget that when everything has been done, we would like to see some pics and a few words on the new remap please.

Yes mate definitely will post some pics and let you guys know how the map is

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Yes mate definitely will post some pics and let you guys know how the map is

What part of this fine not so Great Britain you from as we are having a meet in Doncaster soon, maybe you could come along.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
What part of this fine not so Great Britain you from as we are having a meet in Doncaster soon, maybe you could come along.

I'm from Manchester mate will probably be interested for the meet up to

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Just checked the manuals and it is advised to get the gearbox serviced from 35000 to 40000 mine has jus done 33598 so looks like I'll be getting that done too

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I've ordered a dv but what do you guys think of putting a air filter on the cupra 290 r600 one is it safe and is it needed ??

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I really like the R600. But you'll need to get the intake hose, elbow and muffler delete to really benefit from it

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I really like the R600. But you'll need to get the intake hose, elbow and muffler delete to really benefit from it
It looks like the stock air box so I guess you wont get much noise from it too compared to my lcr I could hear it

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Prau187.. If you are really interested in coming to the meet we have coming up soon then I can get you added to the chat as we keep it separate so the date and specific location is kept between the meet members.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
@Prau187.. If you are really interested in coming to the meet we have coming up soon then I can get you added to the chat as we keep it separate so the date and specific location is kept between the meet members.

Yeh mate add me I am interested

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
The r600 with all the hardware above does make a nice noise. Add in the DV+ and it's a really nice noise.

Don't suppose you have a video showing what this sounds like?

I've got a 2014 Cupra 280 SC Manual, looking to get some similar kit before I go for a remap (considering skipping to stage 2, or something like 1.5) just can't get my head around what is needed to improve airflow, deadly paranoid I'll get an incompatible part.

Also, not sure what is meant by DV+ do you mind educating me? :D

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I done a fair bit of research before going for the R600 (and was finally pushed to make the jump by @AndrewJB)
For me, it looks the best, and it fitted into the build I wanted. I don't think I have any videos, I'll have a look, but if I do, they won't include the DV+.
You can't really hear it inside the car, but outside is pretty loud.
I don't think you really benefit from it unless you have the intake hose, elbow and muffler delete. But you're looking at like £700+ for all of that (including the R600).
I can't rate it enough, but I haven't tried and tested anything else so I'm slightly biased.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Sorry, DV+ is actually a diverter valve upgrade. There's a few options, I think most people (myself included) went for the GFB DV+.
GFB now do a DVX too, which gives you the option to change between diverter valve and blow off valve.
I believe Forge offer a blow off kit too

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Since the subject has been raised I wanted to ask, when remapping a cupra (I have the 280) obviously adding in the pops and crackles is what most people get, question is can the maps still be changeable as they are just now?

Reason I’m asking is because mine in cupra mode pops and burbles on overrun, but in comfort mode is silent, id like it to sound mean when I wanted but be able to turn it off when I’m in sensible mode.

Maybe a stupid question so apologies in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
IIRC (and its been a year since I sold mine) the APR crakle & pop map only really worked in sport mode, in drive mode it was a lot quieter.

Reactions: ray

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I'm told Racingline don't put pops into their maps intentionally, but they only happen when in Cupra mode. In comfort mode they don't happen. However I have a Res delete at the moment and it still growls at anything and everything, no matter what mode I'm in.

Reactions: ray and bigup

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There's 2 different versions for APR, one that just uses the OEM level and then a specific crakle & pop map.

Reactions: ray

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for the replies, I’m assuming that whatever the car already does to generate these pops in sport/cupra mode still works after the car has been mapped.

Good to know, I love my burbles but wouldn’t mind some higher levels, even though it does make the DSG fart (280 manual) depending on when I change gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.