Remap

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
I done a fair bit of research before going for the R600 (and was finally pushed to make the jump by @AndrewJB)
For me, it looks the best, and it fitted into the build I wanted. I don't think I have any videos, I'll have a look, but if I do, they won't include the DV+.
You can't really hear it inside the car, but outside is pretty loud.
I don't think you really benefit from it unless you have the intake hose, elbow and muffler delete. But you're looking at like £700+ for all of that (including the R600).
I can't rate it enough, but I haven't tried and tested anything else so I'm slightly biased.
Sorry, DV+ is actually a diverter valve upgrade. There's a few options, I think most people (myself included) went for the GFB DV+.
GFB now do a DVX too, which gives you the option to change between diverter valve and blow off valve.
I believe Forge offer a blow off kit too

Hi mate thanks for the responses,
Sorry, but I'm dumb as bricks and also very new to car modifications in general, only picked up my Cupra (first real car) in December :)

If you end up with the spare time could you give me a basic rundown of what these parts do and why you would install them? Also if they have any dependencies or if they are all drop in upgrades. I've gotta be honest, I didn't understand much of what you said :D

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Jus got my front splitter rear difuser and my spoiler extension too just waiting on the side skirts but got to wait till may long lol
e2ed9b29080c2b9295f7987723680fd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woodygo

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Hi mate thanks for the responses,
Sorry, but I'm dumb as bricks and also very new to car modifications in general, only picked up my Cupra (first real car) in December :)

If you end up with the spare time could you give me a basic rundown of what these parts do and why you would install them? Also if they have any dependencies or if they are all drop in upgrades. I've gotta be honest, I didn't understand much of what you said :D
No worries, so here's my view on it (I'm sure other people may have other views/inputs to add):
The stock air intake system comprises of four main components; airbox, intake hose, intake elbow and a turbo muffler.
  • Airbox - channels the air through the front of the car, and via the air filter. There's a few mods that can be done to the stock air box to improve and increase air flow, such as removing the snow grate and opening up both sides of the air duct (only the left hand side is open normally). The stock system also allows air to flow through to the engine bay, reducing the amount of air going to the filter.
  • Intake Hose - This channels the filtered air from the airbox through to the turbo via the elbow and turbo muffler. The stock hose is grooved/bumpy to disrupt the air flow to minimise the noise.
  • Intake Elbow - This is essentially a 90 degree hose that connects from the intake hose to the turbo muffler. The stock elbow reduces in size as it joins to the elbow, again to disrupt the air flow to minimise the noise.
  • Turbo Muffler - this is a part that 'muffles' more of the noise of the air flow and turbo spooling, whilst allowing some of the air to escape through some cut aways as it leaves the turbo. This also reduces in size as the air passes through.
Essentially the stock air flow is designed to keep the noises down for 'driver comfort' - Not quite what you want when buying a performance car in my opinion.

The good news is, there are a few products available to maximise air flow, but this does increase the air flow and turbo noise. Which I'm sure everyone wants and loves! I can only speak for the Racingline products, but I'm sure someone will jump in with other product reviews.

The Racingline R600 is a direct replacement for the stock airbox. It draws air in from both the left and right side of the front grill, and blocks off air going through to the engine bay. This way, all air into the air duct is filtered to the turbo. The air filter for the R600 is a huge dome filter, rather than the traditional flat panel filter. The air box that the filter sits in is smooth and larger in size, allowing for greater and smoother air flow.

The intake hose upgrades are made from silicone traditionally, and are smoother inside the hose to prevent disruption to the air flow, and they dont compress during hard suction which would reduce the air flow like the stock hose.

The elbow upgrades are the same as the hose really - these are usually made from metal rather than silicone, and provide a smoother air flow, and don't reduce in size to keep the air flow at it's maximum. Some intake hoses actually include the elbow, I'm not too sure on the implications/benefits of a seperate elbow and hose over a single hose with the elbow.

The muffler delete essentially 'deletes' the muffler (as the name suggests). It replaces to the stock turbo muffler with a part that doesn't reduce in size, and doesn't allow any air to escape. The turbo muffler is after the turbo and exists on the compressor outlet not the inlet side.

Hopefully that all makes sense - the aim of the upgrades is to ensure that the maximum air flow is delivered to the turbo, but in doing this you do generate more air suction noise, and turbo spooling noise. Boost is generated quicker, lower down the rev range.

Now, to add something else into the mix, we have the stock diverter valve which sits at the top of the turbo, above the air inake. The stock diverter valve is designed to recirculate air back into the turbo, helping the boost and trying to be more econmical with the air. Something like the GFB DV+ is an upgrade to the to this which just provides more noise during hard accelleration, and then a 'woosh' type noise when letting off the accellerator. It's deisnged to help hold boost for longer, whilst provding boost a bit sooner. It is a recirculation valve, rather than a blow off valve (BOV). A blow off valve dumps the air into the atmosphere, and this is what provides a loud release of air which some people like. Forge sell BOV for these engines.
GFB have gone one step further with their product DVX, which can be changed between a diverter valve or a blow off valve. It has a slider which controls the airflow and essentially the noise. So you can have it set to 50% and it'll be 50/50 of a diverter valve and blow off valve.

Last edited:

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
No worries, so here's my view on it (I'm sure other people may have other views/inputs to add):
The stock air intake system comprises of four main components; airbox, intake hose, intake elbow and a turbo muffler. (This is the order the air passes through the system)
  • Airbox - channels the air through the front of the car, and via the air filter. There's a few mods that can be done to the stock air box to improve and increase air flow, such as removing the snow grate and opening up both sides of the air duct (only the left hand side is open normally). The stock system also allows air to flow through to the engine bay, reducing the amount of air going to the filter.
  • Intake Hose - This channels the filtered air from the airbox through to the turbo via the elbow and turbo muffler. The stock hose is grooved/bumpy to disrupt the air flow to minimise the noise.
  • Intake Elbow - This is essentially a 90 degree hose that connects from the intake hose to the turbo muffler. The stock elbow reduces in size as it joins to the elbow, again to disrupt the air flow to minimise the noise.
  • Turbo Muffler - this is a part that 'muffles' more of the noise of the air flow, whilst allowing some of the air to escape through some cut aways before it gets to the turbo. This also reduces in size before getting to the turbo......
Holy :censored: can we get this guy a medal?
Thanks a ton for this mate. I need to bookmark this!

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
HI, try Richard at Oscarli been re-calibrating ecu's cars since about 2000 but you won't read very much about him as until recently he was trade only - very reasonably priced to.

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
Haha apparently I'm not that old, I was 30 this year.

Oscarli did all of the fix work for REVO when REVO tried to offer DPF delete for PD170 and realised it wasn't as easy as they presumed.
I think he was involved with Revo at it's inception.
Richard is behind lots of 'major brand' ecu re-calibrations, but he is ultra discreet about this.

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
The stock air intake system comprises of four main components; airbox, intake hose, intake elbow and a turbo muffler. (This is the order the air passes through the system)
  • Turbo Muffler - this is a part that 'muffles' more of the noise of the air flow, whilst allowing some of the air to escape through some cut aways before it gets to the turbo. This also reduces in size before getting to the turbo.
Essentially the stock air flow is designed to keep the noises down for 'driver comfort' - Not quite what you want when buying a performance car in my opinion.

The good news is, there are a few products available to maximise air flow, but this does increase the air flow and turbo noise. Which I'm sure everyone wants and loves! I can only speak for the Racingline products, but I'm sure someone will jump in with other product reviews.

The Racingline R600 is a direct replacement for the stock airbox. It draws air in from both the left and right side of the front grill, and blocks off air going through to the engine bay. This way, all air into the air duct is filtered to the turbo. The air filter for the R600 is a huge dome filter, rather than the traditional flat panel filter. The air box that the filter sits in is smooth and larger in size, allowing for greater and smoother air flow.

The intake hose upgrades are made from silicone traditionally, and are smoother inside the hose to prevent disruption to the air flow, and they dont compress during hard suction which would reduce the air flow like the stock hose.

The elbow upgrades are the same as the hose really - these are usually made from metal rather than silicone, and provide a smoother air flow, and don't reduce in size to keep the air flow at it's maximum. Some intake hoses actually include the elbow, I'm not too sure on the implications/benefits of a seperate elbow and hose over a single hose with the elbow.

The muffler delete essentially 'deletes' the muffler (as the name suggests). It replaces to the stock turbo muffler with a part that doesn't reduce in size, and doesn't allow any air to escape before hitting the turbo.

Hopefully that all makes sense - the aim of the upgrades is to ensure that the maximum air flow is delivered to the turbo, but in doing this you do generate more air suction noise, and turbo spooling noise. Boost is generated quicker, lower down the rev range.

Now, to add something else into the mix, we have the stock diverter valve which sits at the top of the turbo, above the air inake. The stock diverter valve is designed to recirculate air back into the turbo, helping the boost and trying to be more econmical with the air. Something like the GFB DV+ is an upgrade to the to this which just provides more noise during hard accelleration, and then a 'woosh' type noise when letting off the accellerator. It's deisnged to help hold boost for longer, whilst provding boost a bit sooner. It is a recirculation valve, rather than a blow off valve (BOV). A blow off valve dumps the air into the atmosphere, and this is what provides a loud release of air which some people like. Forge sell BOV for these engines.
GBF have gone one step further with their product DVX, which can be changed between a diverter valve or a blow off valve. It has a slider which controls the airflow and essentially the noise. So you can have it set to 50% and it'll be 50/50 of a diverter valve and blow off valve.

Info is superb only correction to make is the Turbo Muffler part:

"Turbo Muffler - this is a part that 'muffles' more of the noise of the air flow, whilst allowing some of the air to escape through some cut aways before it gets to the turbo. This also reduces in size before getting to the turbo."

This is after the turbo and exists on the compressor outlet not the inlet side :)

Reactions: paddy6789

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
Info is superb only correction to make is the Turbo Muffler part:

"Turbo Muffler - this is a part that 'muffles' more of the noise of the air flow, whilst allowing some of the air to escape through some cut aways before it gets to the turbo. This also reduces in size before getting to the turbo."

This is after the turbo and exists on the compressor outlet not the inlet side :)
I would take it to a professional for advice!

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Got these too now ttrs brembo 4 pot calipers ordered some discs too which are getting delivered Thursday
8af4b77158f6bc9df40d9c0fa9f566c0.jpg
6f7fbeca2bf55337b36eeaea47cdfd15.jpg
f889ef00d9a86f1b1bc1791257738d30.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Has anybody used SGR performance they now sell a home remote tuning unit on the lines of bluefin for £499 del are they reputable?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Do they.
Logged into the site cannot find ANYTHING remotely interesting or for a Leon.
In fact cannot find anything let alone a bluefin type device.

Is it a real site?

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
We have launched our remote tuning!

Yes its similar, its a small touch screen device that enables you to flash your car at home. Back to stock, or read codes. We tune these MQB Daily, you should be expecting circa 370hp from our stage 1 tuning on your Cupra.

Our stage 1 or 2 tuning included the flash device is £499.99 all inclusive posted out to yourself.

If you are going stage 1, then later upgrade to stage 2 we can send you out your new file to upgrade the car for a reduced cost as you are already stage 1 and have the device!

Thanks

Samuel @ SGR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Polly
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.