Remap'd 150 TDI Blue Smoke

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Just noticed today after ive given the car some lead footing, if i slow down and accelerate a bit, im getting a bit of blue smoke. Im thinking piston rings. being that ive only just done 1200 miles since i bought it, the previous owner must have known about this.

Anyone confirm this?

H0dsman

How many miles has the car done altogether and roughly what had it done when it was mapped ? Was thinking of getting mine done at about 55k but was put off by a couple of mates who did theirs and had similar problems at considerably less mileage

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Its been mapped for a year and its done 150k still runs like a dream other than the smoke. i can say that ive only noticed the smoke since i topped up the oil with castrol edge vw 505 spec oil. iirc it was 5w-30

black150FR

ive got a pd 150 fr and mine gives a lil puff of blue smoke in the mornings but never on the move i had an astra b4 and it was smoking blue and it was the valve seals id get that checked, it could get worse and more expencive

BigV

Apr 17, 2010
Its been mapped for a year and its done 150k still runs like a dream other than the smoke. i can say that ive only noticed the smoke since i topped up the oil with castrol edge vw 505 spec oil. iirc it was 5w-30

mines on 130k+ and gives a puff of blue in the morning and ocassionally at other times.... I'm no mechnic but I figure worn rings or turbo seals are likely at this type of mileage?

personally I wouldn't worry if the car drives alright and doesn't drink excessive amounts of oil. Just keep an eye on the oil levels.... use correct VW / Seat PD oil tho.