Remote Boot Open

littleandy0410

I hope that video is sped up!

Must have uprated gas struts too - mine wouldn't have the power to lift it's own weight without a helping hand.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
added some springs by the looks of it to start it off and upgraded the rams

bit too fast i would say but not a bad idea

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
I don't see why it being fast is a problem?? you're not going to be stood in the way of it so it's not like it's gonna hit you . . .

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
That's quite a good idea. Especially when I'm always karting a bootfull of my 9 month old daughter's toys around. It's a real pain a the moment having to either put stuff on the ground or balance things to get the boot open.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
isn't that fast really but if it is pushing too hard you'll soon snap the mounts off trying to close it again

and there is always one that will get caught out or forget believe you me

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
ye, I suppose it may catch someone out . . . but it will still be possible to just unlock all the doors and open it manually won't it?? rather than holding the boot button on the remote . .

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
less lazy too :):)

actually i reckon the vectra C estate one's added to it would look a lot better, basically similar to small linear actuators so they are motorised both up and down by a remote motor

hydraulic i assume but not stripped one yet

Last edited:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
If you read the other link in my 1st post you'll see that all the mod entails is to add some springs to the struts and reporgramming with VAGCOM. The original poster reckoned it cost less than $2 to do (he was american).

The springs give the boot lid a little push until the struts take over. I would try myself but not got VAGCOM.

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
Anyone tried this yet? I have been experimenting with the spring side of the mod (no vag com yet). Seems pretty difficult, the suggested springs are really stiff. Tried similar sized spring (only on one side) it nearly lifting the boot from closed but when shut it pushed the boot out of alignment. There was a large gap at the roof and the lines on the lights didnt line up. Thinking 2 x softer springs (one on each side) gonna be a better way. Will keep the thread updated. Be careful when trying the springs to put a support/stiffner plate under the bolt on the boot side to help protect against bending of the body.