Remote Central lock not working

Radioactive

Hey,
i've got an Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi Sport, and my problem is that the remote wont work anymore.

it started out working fine, i changed the battery when i bought the car, and there was no problems at all. but then the signals got weaker, and weaker, and now i cant really use the remote anymore.

The red light blinks whenever i press a button (2 button key).

I've tried serveral key fob reset's, but none of them worked.

// ignition on - wait 3 seconds - ignition off - hold lock while pressing unlock 5 times //

// ignition on - lock door manually - hold unlock button - manually unlock, and lock door //

seems to me that the reciever is worn off, or the sync. is gone.

The manual Locking system works.

i have an OBD tester, but it doesnt allow me to acces the central locking system, which confuses me a bit.

checked fuses, relays, replaced battery once more, none of them seem to work.

any help is apprechiated. Thanks !

gibsonguy

i got the same problem on mt toledo tdi,seemed to have started after i changed the cd player, "weird" locks work fine manually auto lock after 10mph works fine bet have tried all different ways of re-programing but nothing seems to work! so anyone with any more ideas would be apreciated... thanks

gibsonguy

hi there, yer i did... as daft as it seems the problem started when i changed the cd player and put a loom convertor on, for weeks after that i tried everything to get remote locking to work but nothing worked! got a reply from thread i posted and told me to disconect cd player and weirdly enough it did the trick and started working... had wiring redone by auto electrician and all seems good now, hope this helps...