Remote central locking doesn't unlock driver's door

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
Hi

All of sudden my remote central locking key fob has stopped working on the driver's door. It still unlocks all the other doors and boot hatch, and locks everything ok and folds the mirrors in as usual on long press but it just won't unlock the driver's door. I have to insert the key to open it.

I have no idea why this should have started happening. I've changed the battery in the key fob but it has made no difference.

Anyone have any advice/pointers to possible causes or solutions please?

Many thanks.

Apr 13, 2007
Odd, I had the same issue this morning as well.
Unlocking the door from inside a couple of times seemed to cure it - for the time being...

Mr Scubatank

Oct 14, 2012
Crewe, Cheshire
Mine went again today after opening the passenger door. I also noticed the interior light didn't go out after shutting the door. Now after opening and closing the door a couple of times, the interior light eventually went out and guess what, the door locked too. So tomorrow I'm going to check the light/door switch. As I believe unless the light goes out, the car doesn't know the door is closed, therefore it won't lock.

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
Found out on Friday via the Main Dealers, it's the micro switch located within the passenger door.
Was causing an intermittent fault.

Thanks. Unfortunately mine isn't an intermittent fault. I suspect the actuator in the lock has gone.

Did the dealer fix your fault, and if so what did they charge? Presumably they would have had to take all the door lining and other bits off to get at the lock, so I'm thinking it would be a couple of hours labour at least by the time they put it all back??

Mr Scubatank

Oct 14, 2012
Crewe, Cheshire
Hi,

It was done under warranty as I've only had it for a week. But I'd defo go for at least 2 hrs labour.
Out of intrest, do you know how to remove the central locking switch from the console next to the handbrake ?

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
Hi,

It was done under warranty as I've only had it for a week. But I'd defo go for at least 2 hrs labour.
Out of intrest, do you know how to remove the central locking switch from the console next to the handbrake ?

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have any advice re the console cl switch. Opening the car bonnet is about as far as my technical expertise extends!:redface:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.