Remote control does not work, light still flashes

dog

Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys

about a week ago the remote control on my key stopped working. It went from me not being able to let down the windows (by holding the unlock button) to not even being able to unlock the car remotely. Since the light on the key was still flashing I thought okay, the battery is almost completely dead, let me replace it.

So I replaced the battery, but I still couldn't unlock the car remotely with my key. Again, the light would still flash if I pressed any of the buttons.

I searched the forums on how to resync the key and I did just that: unlock the car with the spare key, switch the ignition on, lock the driver's door manually, hold the unlock button and lock and unlock the car, release the button, switch ignition off, remove the key. Still, the remote control on my key doesn't work (manually I can still unlock it).

Anyways, did any of you experience any similar problems and / or have any ideas on what to do, or is my key just dead? Is the resync procedure wrong? I have the 2009 1.4 63kw Ibiza.

I called the dealer and they said the key needs to be replaced and reprogrammed, so I guess if nothing else helps I'll do that.

Thanks

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Hi guys

about a week ago the remote control on my key stopped working. It went from me not being able to let down the windows (by holding the unlock button) to not even being able to unlock the car remotely. Since the light on the key was still flashing I thought okay, the battery is almost completely dead, let me replace it.

So I replaced the battery, but I still couldn't unlock the car remotely with my key. Again, the light would still flash if I pressed any of the buttons.

I searched the forums on how to resync the key and I did just that: unlock the car with the spare key, switch the ignition on, lock the driver's door manually, hold the unlock button and lock and unlock the car, release the button, switch ignition off, remove the key. Still, the remote control on my key doesn't work (manually I can still unlock it).

Anyways, did any of you experience any similar problems and / or have any ideas on what to do, or is my key just dead? Is the resync procedure wrong? I have the 2009 1.4 63kw Ibiza.

I called the dealer and they said the key needs to be replaced and reprogrammed, so I guess if nothing else helps I'll do that.

Thanks

Find someone with vcds. You need to cleare all keys and match them again. Normal this wil work.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.