Remote fob no longer working

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
Hopefully coincidence, but I was coding on the car the other day with VCDS (to remove bulb error warning after fitting FL rear LED lights).

Now, for some reason, the remote fob no longer locks / unlocks the car. The red light still flashes on the key if you press any button, but nothing happens at the car.

Worst case, I thought I could re-prog the key to the car, but in VCDS my only option is 46-Cent-Conv, but when I click on that, I get an error saying it can't contact the module (all other modules like Cent-Elec etc, seem OK.

Do we think a battery replace could be a good start for the key? :)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Trouble with replacing the battery is that the red LED is still flashing.

Just one question, have you every scanned all this car's modules in the past, ie run an autoscan and had all fitted modules returning their info, what I'm meaning is, if you have never ever scanned the car fully and printed/saved the results, then maybe that controller does not exist in your car - that would depend on the options fitted as maybe another controller covers this function in your car - that is just "off the top of my head" a wild suggestion as I do know that certain modules reside in other controllers instead of being where you might expect them.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Wouldn't hurt even with the led flashing most of the batteries are only 3v used to find anything under 2.6v starts playing up and throw em away.

Fingers crossed its been working SINCE you were coding .

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
So, defo not the battery. After being in Cent.Elect to disable a bulb warning, I've clear got carried away and unticked something that allows the remote to unlock the car :D

Reactions: Fl@pper

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, VCDS for handy, if used with care, possibly to render a car completely useless is not.

A lucky break for you then, I keep meaning to create and probably take a hard copy of all modules and their channel settings when I buy a new or new to me car, I have started doing that but it can/is/will take time, lots of time but is useful to avoid getting the car trailered back to a dealer for them to download the original factory settings.
Glad you got to the bottom of this!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
So, defo not the battery. After being in Cent.Elect to disable a bulb warning, I've clear got carried away and unticked something that allows the remote to unlock the car :D

Oops :doh:

At least it's found and sorted :footysup:

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
Well, I love a good challenge. Got to the bottom of this.

Basically, in my VCDS infancy, I thought that clear Adaptations would be things like Steering and throttle response, so within
09 Cent-Elect
10 Adaptation
I had "Cleared Learned Values" assuming this was adaptation of things like throttle, etc but it's actually keys

So to fix it, I did:
Chose Remote Control Adaptation
Channel 01
Stored value of 0
New value of 0
Test
Save
Press unlock on the remote and voila, I now have a working remote fob again :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.