Remote opening of windows

gateway

Hi

Does anyone know how the global opening/closing feature works with the remote keyfob. I can get it to work with the door lock. The manual says to hold the corresponding button down for about 3 seconds - Nothing happens on mine though!

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
i dont think it works with the remote , you have to use the key to lock the car , lock the car as normal with the key but hold a couple of secs closed.

gateway

Page 106 of the manual under the heading "Convenience opening and closing" states about using either the door lock or the remote control. Have a look at the page and see what you think. There is however an asterisk at the end of the heading, but can't work out what or where this relates to

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I think asterisk means its not on all models of car. ie; only on sport or stlylance for example.

litnin

I have a Stylance and it doesn't work on mine either. Definately says it should in the manual. Bit of a bummer:( . Altho at the start of the manual it says that the asterix is related to model & Country, so maybe its not available in the UK.

TFSI 2006

It working on Stylance only by actual turning the key, not by pressing the remote button. Strange... Being automotive journalist, by now I never experienced that sort of gimmick...

Richard S

TFSI 2006 said:
It working on Stylance only by actual turning the key, not by pressing the remote button. Strange... Being automotive journalist, by now I never experienced that sort of gimmick...

All Audi SE models have had it for years. It works from the remote too on my A6

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Sadly as we discovered with the Altea's some time ago there appears to be quite a few features available on them in Europe that do not make it to UK spec ones. The global closure being one of them. I think the asterisk means something like 'where available' or words to that effect.
Certainly on Altea Sports the nice window close feature Only works with the key in the lock, not from the remote buttons :(

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
The key global closure has been the same on most VAG cars for years, my old Mk4 Golf had it (1998), as did my old Octavia(2001), the new Leon is exactly the same.

SIMDION

I have a MY '06 ALTEA 1.6 Stylance and the key with the 3 buttons. It has that feature by pressing some time the locking button.
My car has OE alarm.

SkaterNatty

sk8 4 life
Nov 27, 2004
Geordie in Cheshire
You can enable/disable the full closure (along with a whole host of other nice things) using VAG-COM software or if you have a nice dealer he might change it...

hope this helps

Natty

SkaterNatty

sk8 4 life
Nov 27, 2004
Geordie in Cheshire
If you have a look in the VAG-COM section you will find all the info you need. Also, if you dont want to pay for a cable/software then post and I'm sure someone will be happy to meet you...

volkscraft

Only models with 3 button remote have the ability for remote full closure as i remember, i have tried enabling it with the 5051 (dealer diag) on others... it didnt work. i have vag com and im in exeter if anyone is curious...

Matt Smith AMIMI

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members