remote start help

bloshengland

alarm.jpg

hi i am really stuck on the fuel pump and the ignition coil bit as i dont have a coil on my car and also the oil pressure indicator

plz help i have been trying for hours can not work it out

Last edited by a moderator:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Might help if you said exactly what you're installing it in?

The oil pressure light is always present on any car, but it also mentions charge indicator which would be the light that warns the alternator is faulty, the one that comes on until the engine is running.

Personally I'd leave the remote start off. There is no protection on that alarm for cranking in gear I bet.

Pete

bloshengland

sorry lol its a n reg 1.6 Cordoba

Last edited by a moderator:

bloshengland

so i the purple can be connected to the alternator as it will be a fanny on pulling the dash out ? if i was not to connect the remote start would i need the purple on connected ?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just to throw a spanner in the works

you do realise it won't start and run without the key in because it won't be able to read the immobiliser

your insurance company will rape ya for having it fitted as i think it was recently deemed illegal due to legislation over control of vehicle etc etc - i'd check first to be honest

anyway back to the alarm :)

you do have an ignition coil it's on the end of the coil lead if you follow it back from teh plugs to the dizzy and then middle one out you will usually find em on the bulkhead but the water bottle

oil pressure indicator is operated from the sensors in the housing above the oil filter

fuel pump is igntion activated so i'll dig out the fuse/relay for that one later to help that

bloshengland

ok so the remote start will not get fitted lol just to be 100 % sure as i can not really read wiring diagrams the orange wire going to the foot brake goes to + or - ?

mascolo99

hey you may download autodata there are all the diagrams of engine and electronics, so u dont have to guess.

If You have inmo the car will not start, as someone else said.

>Personally I'd leave the remote start off. There is no protection on that alarm for cranking in gear I bet.

The start is safe because of the handbrake!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.