Remote Tailgate Button

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I looked my keys in the boot using the boot unlock only function, dropped a bag in with keys in hand, let go of bag, keys went too didnt realise, boot down..........AAGGGHHH :censored:

jimbo_FRDSG

Problem isn't with SEAT's penny pinching - its down to your penny pinching! Bluetooth gives you boot and bonnet open warning...

Thats very cheeky sir !! :(
However I tend to disagree, something so simple should be standard not an option...if there was no door open warning then I could understand but to have it for 4 doors and not add the boot is penny pinching. I do believe however it was on the original spec according to the brochure then they used the get out clause to alter specs.

As for the BT option....you are probably correct but in fairness I was desperate to get hold of a DSG car as they are as rare as rocking horse crap up here (lack of a dealer for a long time) and I took the first one available but when I enquired about the BT facility nothing was mentioned about the better MFD and all the other parameters you can change using it and the benefits of having it as to be perfectly honest BT is not a necessity for me however I would certainly consider it next time.

Now I'm away to count the sheckles once more.....one penny, two pennies !!;)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Thats very cheeky sir !! :(
However I tend to disagree, something so simple should be standard not an option...if there was no door open warning then I could understand but to have it for 4 doors and not add the boot is penny pinching. I do believe however it was on the original spec according to the brochure then they used the get out clause to alter specs.

As for the BT option....you are probably correct but in fairness I was desperate to get hold of a DSG car as they are as rare as rocking horse crap up here (lack of a dealer for a long time) and I took the first one available but when I enquired about the BT facility nothing was mentioned about the better MFD and all the other parameters you can change using it and the benefits of having it as to be perfectly honest BT is not a necessity for me however I would certainly consider it next time.

Now I'm away to count the sheckles once more.....one penny, two pennies !!;)

I agree with Jimbo on both points.

My Celica simply had the same light for any of the doors or the boot being open. For the sake of one wire SEAT are penny pinching. Also strictly speaking the spec of my Cupra doesn't match the brochure or website as a couple of things are missing.

The dealer didn't tell me about the large MFD either and no mention in the brochure that I have. I did mention to another dealer how come the one in brochure had the large MFD and he did tell me it came with the bluetooth option, no mention of the extra features though.

I was in the same situation regarding ordering a car. Didn't really want the 12 week wait for build to order as the Celica was overdue a service, so took one they were expecting in a month later. The build of this car was actually delayed and I mentioned changing the build to include BT but they wouldn't let me as the order was already in the system. Ended up with a different physical car (of the same spec) but don't think they bothered to find me a BT one.

jimbo_FRDSG

I agree with Jimbo on both points.

My Celica simply had the same light for any of the doors or the boot being open. For the sake of one wire SEAT are penny pinching. Also strictly speaking the spec of my Cupra doesn't match the brochure or website as a couple of things are missing.

The dealer didn't tell me about the large MFD either and no mention in the brochure that I have. I did mention to another dealer how come the one in brochure had the large MFD and he did tell me it came with the bluetooth option, no mention of the extra features though.

I was in the same situation regarding ordering a car. Didn't really want the 12 week wait for build to order as the Celica was overdue a service, so took one they were expecting in a month later. The build of this car was actually delayed and I mentioned changing the build to include BT but they wouldn't let me as the order was already in the system. Ended up with a different physical car (of the same spec) but don't think they bothered to find me a BT one.

Thanks for agreeing Phil :).....I am also mystified as to why one wee length of wire should make that much difference between having to choose between a BT option or not. The microswitch in the boot must be in place and if not then surely it doesn't hold up the production line that long to install it and there is already a display showing door open warnings anyway so wtf. Would be interesting to know the difference in the actual build cost of the car.
The brochure regarding the BT part I also found rather vague....I read it as this type of MFD was not available on some EU countries specs and may have said something like not available in the UK but taking oldtimers into consideration I may have been wrong :think:
My dealer when I queried the BT thingy said 'och its just a button on the steering wheel to let you use your mobile phone'.
Mmmmm wish I had known about the alternative display all the same.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Thanks for agreeing Phil :).....I am also mystified as to why one wee length of wire should make that much difference between having to choose between a BT option or not.

i doubt it needs any extra wiring, dont forget its a canbus system.

The microswitch in the boot must be in place .
your boot light comes on i presume
and if not then surely it doesn't hold up the production line that long to install it and there is already a display showing door open warnings anyway so wtf. Would be interesting to know the difference in the actual build cost of the car.

i currently work for a company that supplies nissan interior plastic trim, and they are priced per gram (yes, gram), plus any clips etc fitted to the parts. once a car has been in production a little while they try to delete clips and shot weight to save fractions of a penny per vehicle. if on a spot check they weigh a part that is underweight, they reduce the price they pay. it sounds like a p!ss take but its true. every penny they save is an extra penny profit to them, they obviously dont pass it on to the customer.

The brochure regarding the BT part I also found rather vague....I read it as this type of MFD was not available on some EU countries specs and may have said something like not available in the UK but taking oldtimers into consideration I may have been wrong :think:
My dealer when I queried the BT thingy said 'och its just a button on the steering wheel to let you use your mobile phone'.
Mmmmm wish I had known about the alternative display all the same.

and that i'm afraid is just plain poor sales knowledge.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
With refernce to my penny pinching jibe at Jimbo - I was joking of course and didn't mean any offence... I just couldn't resist it when I saw he was in Bonny Scotland! :)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that could be switched on with VAG-COM... I'm not 100% sure SEAT have the full ECU specs!

As for the large MFD - it is an option that I never specified on my previous Golf (and always regretted) but this time as I knew I would be fitting sat nav to my Leon I knew I wanted the larger MFD. At the time I didn't appreciate all of the additional features I would be getting. Interestingly with the Golf you could get the larger MFD as a £45 option without getting the Phone Prep...

IMO the larger MFD really makes a difference and makes it just that little bit more special...

To the penny pinchers ;) - do you get a warning if the bonnet is open?

BTW the bigger MFD tells you which door it is that is open... :p

Last edited:

jimbo_FRDSG

"With refernce to my penny pinching jibe at Jimbo - I was joking of course and didn't mean any offence... I just couldn't resist it when I saw he was in Bonny Scotland!"

No offence taken flakmunky :) I realised a little jest was in there.
At least I now know that I have a frost/ice warning on my bog standard display.....it's been baltic up here last two days and has gone off a few times. Maybe you softies doon sooth will never see it activated ;)

chrisboyle999
Thats interesting about the parts. I guess it all adds up for the bean counters if you are producing millions of cars.
As for the actual bootlight....yeah it comes on ok.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Jimbo,

Do you get a warning if your bonnet is open?

The ice warning comes on at 4 degrees C... (t-shirt & shorts weather in Aberdeen) so yes, its been on a few times here....

Bainie

Oct 22, 2007
When I bought mine, I asked if the bluetooth would mean a bigger/different screen and the salesman didn`t know !! Don`t think so he said, I had bluetooth in my last car and used it a lot so ordered it anyway, so glad I did now just for the mfd ....

jimbo_FRDSG

Jimbo,

Do you get a warning if your bonnet is open?

The ice warning comes on at 4 degrees C... (t-shirt & shorts weather in Aberdeen) so yes, its been on a few times here....

Nope ..... just been out to check....it doesn't !!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
More to the point why oh why did Seat scrimp on not having a 'boot open' warning as with the other 4 doors on something as costly as an FR....makes no sense to me at all.
I guess the warning is when you hear it thump as you trundle down the road....as I found out. :redface:

Mine certainly has a warning when the boot is open on the MFD, the rear window shows as solid red :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.