Removing bonnet seal?

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
Right ive searched the forum high and low and cant find any info on this apart from for a leon. The seal that sits between the scuttle and bonnet, i read that removed can improve cooling in the 'bay'....it can also improve the amount of noise you hear from your dv. Has anyone done this? apparently the seal stops the bonnet moving about on the leon but i cant see this myself. Anyone? :)

Mat

what's with all this "i wanna hear as much noise from the DV as possible"?

There's been a lot of this kind of thing lately! If you want a big woosh, buy a scooby

As for the seal, I assume it's also there to keep water out ;)

Cupra Gsy

Jul 13, 2008
There's been a lot of this kind of thing lately! If you want a big woosh said:
But whats the point in doing that cuz when you have a tuned Cupra they aint got much on us apart from a bigger whoosh lol

Mat

Just had a thought Ian...

Could put a scoop on the bonnet to let more sound out.

Hell, go the whole hog, remove the seal and the bonnet all together :D

Mat

But whats the point in doing that cuz when you have a tuned Cupra they aint got much on us apart from a bigger whoosh lol

come again???

what's the point in what? in the woosh? nothing! Chav IMO!
Idea is to go stealth mate

Unless you have a 15 year old female passenger you're trying to impress ;)

ian_cupra

got a better idea, remove the 1.8t, throw in a scooby lump, bobs your uncle

Mat

then, get a replica scooby body kit, some frog eyes and a roof scoop. will be laughing then fella

oh, and don't forget the g0ld rims

ian_cupra

could put a relocation kit on the dv, and relocate it to the dash board, might be loud then :cartman:

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
i have an idea for you if you want the wooosh buy a dump vavle noise maker :p or when you change make the noise it does so it sounds like its louder to you :D

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
man whats with people on this forum? I asked a simple question and got a load of tripe back. I come from a G40 background my last car ran 164bhp (mk1 polo) toothed belt and pulleys....charger was extremely loud. Same goes for a dv i like loud atmospheric dump valves..obviously cant have one on a 1.8t. Its pointless going stealth as most people can tell a cupra has something in it. some people need to seriously grow up...heres a picture of my previous mk1 G40...ill let the chavness do the talking, i did think about dropping a scooby lump in it and a bonnet scoop but i didnt have enough knowledge :lol:
n790303921_1179775_8853.jpg

n790303921_1179753_6315.jpg

n790303921_1179814_431.jpg

n790303921_1179815_4855.jpg

Last edited:

Mat

man whats with people on this forum? I asked a simple question and got a load of tripe back. I come from a G40 background my last car ran 164bhp (mk1 polo) toothed belt and pulleys....charger was extremely loud. Same goes for a dv i like loud atmospheric dump valves..obviously cant have one on a 1.8t. Its pointless going stealth as most people can tell a cupra has something in it. some people need to seriously grow up...heres a picture of my previous mk1 G40...ill let the chavness do the talking, i did think about dropping a scooby lump in it and a bonnet scoop but i didnt have enough knowledge :lol:

only if they can hear or see something!

truth be told, the Mk3 Cupra still catches a lot of folk out because they don't know much about them

GarryGti

TurboLag is ur head start
May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
my 007 is loud bit too loud and u can hear it spool up loud aswell so my stealth is lost as soon as i hit the pedal with a bit of weight. But i like it coming from a scooby back ground.Lol

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Personally I wouldnt remove the seal due to the fact water getting in the engine bay where its not ment to

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
i've raised mine a tiny bit, hardly noticable, as i didn't want to copy off the 'Ford' boys..
i'm guessing its probably helped a bit like :)

Yeh my stepdad has this done on his 55 chevy

another reason for leaving the seal is rattling sounds if the panels and anything under the engine in general, won't just increase the DV sound but all the sounds.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members