Removing clutch from aircon pump

tatepie

Hi guys, just a quick question if anyone can help?
My clutch is missing from my aircon pump. so obviously I have no air con.
99 Mk2 Toledo Tdi.
I have got another pump and want to take the clutch off to try on my exsisting pump, I have undone the bolt but the clutch does not seem to want to come off, I have tried gently prying but no joy.
Does it need a puller to get it off, or is there a knack?
Any help is much appreciated as I am roasting my knackers off!!!! :D
Cheers, tatepie.
P.S I will up some pics soon of the car, body repaired and painted and body kit fitted, just need some nice BIG wheels now but she looks great.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
afaik you need a puller for the outer clutch but never had a go at one myself, but ill see what they list on tech

this might help ?

260130.png

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
correction - once the nuts off the clutch needs to be held in and levered out carefully with 2 screwdrivers

then the pulley is removed with a puller (knew there was somewhere) and it's quite critical on alignment when refitting it too

gimme a shout and i'll forward the tech prints if you want em ?

tatepie

correction - once the nuts off the clutch needs to be held in and levered out carefully with 2 screwdrivers

then the pulley is removed with a puller (knew there was somewhere) and it's quite critical on alignment when refitting it too

gimme a shout and i'll forward the tech prints if you want em ?

Cheers Flapper thats great, I will try to prise the clutch off again, I did not want to go mad at it until i knew exactly how it was supposed to come off.
[email protected]
:)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sorry missed this :(

just caught me with em in hand so ill send now from work address

on the way

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.