Removing headlights - easy???

richardworrall

Jan 4, 2008
Derby
Tdi Ibiza 2005, how easy is it to get the headlights out as i really wanna dry them out completely as there is some condensation that will not dry out in the corner and its bugging me. Is it a one man job or am i likely to need help.

any help apprectiated.

just found the search facility and read all about it so dont need any help now, ill get used to this website soon hehe

Last edited:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Remove bumper - 3 or 4 torx screws around each wheel arch, 4 on top under the bonnet, 6 underneath and 2 behind the grills near the foglights. I think thats right..

Then remove headlights by undoing 4 screws on each - 2 on top and 2 just underneath the headlights that you can now get to with the bumper off! Then disconnect wiring harness.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
that sounds about right i put to new h/lights in mine the other day due to condensation in them i swaped mine for the ones wit the red backing should only take ya about a hour.

richardworrall

Jan 4, 2008
Derby
i took the backs off, had full beam on for an hour and dried out perfect, now made my own vent kit involving two silicon pipes into each backing pointing downwards to stop unwanted dust and water getting in but allowing air to circulate. Seems to be ok for the past week.

ciano125

Feb 11, 2008
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
i took the backs off, had full beam on for an hour and dried out perfect, now made my own vent kit involving two silicon pipes into each backing pointing downwards to stop unwanted dust and water getting in but allowing air to circulate. Seems to be ok for the past week.

Can you post some pictures up for us Richard please?

Thanks

richardworrall

Jan 4, 2008
Derby
right here goes....

They are 10mm holes and ive used clear silicone tubing thats flexible enough not to fold whilst bent and secured in place and sealed with superglue.

Any questions please ask.

drivers side cover from back
Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

Photo-0013.jpg

drivers side cover from inside

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0014.jpg

drivers side in situ

Photo-0015.jpg

passenger side in situ

Photo-0016.jpg

badleeroy

Great idea, was thinking about drilling my covers but was worried about dust,water etc getting in.Never thought about using tubing will try this when i get time. Well Done that man

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
So glad I don't have to butcher my headlights to get rid of condensation. I think I got lucky when they made my car :D

ciano125

Feb 11, 2008
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Good man, thanks for that. I must admit they are bigger than what I was planning on using, although I had thought that two tubes would probably be a good idea to help air circulate around them. Do you have issues with the back ones too or not?

Thanks again
Cian

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.