Removing heater panel, plus electrics problems

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Ok the lights are not working in my (non climate) heater control panel, anyone got any idea how to remove this?? to fix the problem

Also two days ago my stereo would no longer go on when i turned the ignition on, unplugging the ignition sense and wiring it too the live solved this (albeit with it being on all the time) Also when i remove the key, the interior lights are supposed to come on and well they dont!! must be a ignition sense problem, how do i solve it!

Fill

same happened 2 me m8, lights gone behind blower/temp/vent dial. havent done ote about it yet tho, waiting for instructions like u 1st!

havent experienced any of the other problems that uve got tho... (yet!)

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Well i got most of the panel out, had the ask tray, the whole surround and stereo out, just couldnt get the dam heater controls out!!

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Ive worked it out!!!

Get some plyers and some cloth and pull the centre knob out and then use some long nose plyers to get a very small bulb out at the back?

getting the bulb out can be tough, it's well clamped in it's holder and it's only tiny.
It is just a push-in type (not bayonet or screw) and Halfords sell 'em pretty cheap. Just be careful to get the 1.2W version as last time I was in there they did 2 types with different wattages. The other one's about 2W I think and would be a bit bright

Last edited:

SJFISHER67

Are you talkin' to me?
stuart_hatch said:
Ive worked it out!!!

Get some plyers and some cloth and pull the centre knob out and then use some long nose plyers to get a very small bulb out at the back?

getting the bulb out can be tough, it's well clamped in it's holder and it's only tiny.
It is just a push-in type (not bayonet or screw) and Halfords sell 'em pretty cheap. Just be careful to get the 1.2W version as last time I was in there they did 2 types with different wattages. The other one's about 2W I think and would be a bit bright

Was just about to say almost the same thing, I managed to get my bulb out when it went on my Leon (non climate). I used a short length of windscreen washer hose over the end of the bulb! Worked a treat. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.