Removing interior door lock handle is driving me nuts! Help!

martin0642

Apr 25, 2015
Alright folks - I have searched EVERYWHERE for some information on this (seriously...just release a proper affordable workshop manual Seat..please? :) )and so far i've got nowhere...so i'm hoping you guys can help out.

So..>2010 Ibiza 1.4 TDi ecomotive..... driver's side interior door release handle has broken (part of the moulding holding the handle has broken)..which means I can only open the door by pushing my thumb against the rear of the handle as I open it. That's fine for me but MOT is due and I'm guessing "the trick" won't pass MOT...nor do I want to shell out money I don't have right now to get the garage to replace the handle.

I've got the door stripped down fine (thanks to the awesome door card guide on here..thank you!) but i'm *really* struggling with the wing mirror adjustment cable. I just can't see how it detaches. I hoped getting a new part (from breakers) would solve that but the new part isn't quite right. Mine has a moulded tube in which the mirror cable sits - the part I got just has a flat hole for the mirror cable (I'm guessing maybe for an electronic unit?).

So...how do I go about removing the wing mirror cable so I can finally get the unit out and replace it (I'm searching breakers for it now)? Anyone? :blink:

I have a picture of it but sadly I can't attach it it seems......

ANY help would be most appreciated! :D

martin0642

Apr 25, 2015
OOPS!! I think I've stuck this in the wrong bit..it was supposed to go in teh general mk5 bit not the FAQs.......... could a mod move it for me? (Or tell me how to do it if it's my job :))

martin0642

Apr 25, 2015
Just to be clear...in case anyone is thinking "Just unplug it"....i'm talking about a manual ball type control - NOT electronic.

Pretty please? :)

Jan 25, 2020
did you ever find out how to remove the wing mirror adjustment cable, i've been at it 2 hours and thinking of setting fire to the bleeding thing. thanks