removing leaon passenger lower dash?

beetbocks

Could any one provide me with instructions ,hopefully with photo's for removing the lower dash (passenger side) on a seat leon cupra r '03'. I am fitting a amp power cable and need to locate the end of the cable. :confused:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Cant provide instructions as such.

There are about 2 or 3 screws which hold in the glovebox located on the upper edge. Then some more under the footwell area at either side of the footwell (one near centre console, one near door, and maybe another couple in the middle).

Once this is dropped out the way you sould be able to get upward visibility of where you can bring the cable through the bulkhead (look under the engine bay on the battery side and there is a black plastic trunking branch protecting cables that go into the bulkhead. Tap into this.

Not sure if Pabs on this site will have a full on guide, if not Icecavern will be able to advise.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
4 x T25 ( I think it's 25, might be 20 ) torx bits along the top inside edge of the glovebox. Then another 3 under the black plastic trim panel which you see when you open the door. And finally one on the bottom edge of the glovebox where it meets the center console.

Also before undoing the screws unclip the cable you can see underneath the trim panle going to the switch for the glovebox light. And don't pull the glovebox away as it still has the Airbag connection to the key switch. I advise you don't unclip this and just move the glovebox to the side out the way.

Pete

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i managed to run the power for my amp through without removing/moving the glovebox at all.... I was well chuffed :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.