Removing N249 valve - How To Guide

flashbsd

top job, im leaving the unit in situe, just bypassing it. cant be bothered ;)

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
flashbsd said:
so let me get this straight, you bypass the unit, but instead of using resistors, just leave the unit connected, and even though theres no pipes connected, it may still operate and not affect anything? I think ill do it this way :)

Will this give all the benefits the full conversions? leaving the reservoir in place and connected, just the pipe bypass?
I assume it will.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
yeah it'll still have the full effect, throttle response is greatly improved IMHO, i removed the tank however and then screwed the N249 valve to a bolt on the back of the rocker cover (saved me having to extend the wires) and then relocated the N112 valve to the scuttle panel.

flashbsd

davidol, id remove it from the back of the rocker, mine fell off (metal bracket cant withstand that much heat above the turbo and manifold)

and it ended up melting itself to the turbo on the M25 and smoke everywhere.

Ive just tied it on top of the rocker inwards with cable ties as a backup.

just a word of warning :)

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
After doing the bypass, I've just left the 2 valves where they are, but removed the reservoir, its seperate and can be removed.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
yeah jonzy didnt suggest it either but i think it looks pants sat on top of the engine and i didnt really want to cut any wires i didnt have too, i will move it at some point or pack out the bolt with some insulated washers to stop the heat transfering

Radek

Jan 12, 2005
Sim said:
You may cover it, but not neccessary. If you use any kind of cap/cover make sure it is not clogged/closed completely, otherwise the combi valve (and wastegate on ibizas) will stay opened!

Ooppps.
One of the vacuum hoses of N112 was broken off , so hose has been replaced in service . I didn't know why one of the nipple is open there , so we shut it completely . That's bad , isn't it ?

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
N112 opens the Combi valve in the head (and opens the wastegate in mk3 ibizas at the same time) using vacuum when energized (12V switched there). When not energized (default state) it will RELEASE the vacuum to the atmosphere on the third unused/open nipple, so the combi valve (and wastegate on mk3 ibias) can close. Originally there is a little black or grey cap on the unused nipple of the N112 to prevent bigger dirt particles to be sucked in (when vaccum is released from the combi valve). That's all. It seems to be unused, but actually it is used by letting the vacuum to escape when not needed anymore.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
davidol said:
yeah it'll still have the full effect, throttle response is greatly improved IMHO, i removed the tank however and then screwed the N249 valve to a bolt on the back of the rocker cover (saved me having to extend the wires) and then relocated the N112 valve to the scuttle panel.

You got any pic's of ur's?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
beattie17 said:
You got any pic's of ur's?

I have....

N249.jpg

MC20VT

Hi guys,

i removed n249 valve and the news connections are these:

schemamioN249.jpg

is this right? the check valve directions is right?

if i make a check with vagcom always appears the n249 mechanical malfunction.

I added the 30ohm resistor (i'm an electronics technician..)

and sometimes appears n112 error, incorrect flux detect.

(with check valve turn right or left..)

any suggestion? :shrug:

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
do we have any RR graphs and vag-com logs of before and after the mod ???

also what are ppls feelings of this mod, now its been out for a while ???

is it worth me doing this mod ???

also limp mode ?? how is that combated if you get it after doiung the mod

cheers

pickie

slimjimvw

Jul 28, 2006
Exeter , Devon
Ive finally completed the loom

DSCF3117Small.jpg

DSCF3118Small.jpg

Proper AMP connections used, booted to stop damage.

The whole thing is braided and uses 8amp cable.

DSCF3121Small.jpg

All joints are double heat shrinked, the whole thing is a metre long.

Need a little more vac pipe and make a bracket up to hold the solinoid in place in the scuttle and then I can write a proper guide.

And before anyone starts tapping out 'Can you make me one' - theyll set you back about 18 quid and thats cost price!

Jonzy , have you made this loom up so you can reposition the N249 outta sight ? So its still connected electrically and bypassed mechanically ?

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
Hi guys,

i removed n249 valve and the news connections are these:

schemamioN249.jpg

is this right? the check valve directions is right?

if i make a check with vagcom always appears the n249 mechanical malfunction.

I added the 30ohm resistor (i'm an electronics technician..)

and sometimes appears n112 error, incorrect flux detect.

(with check valve turn right or left..)

any suggestion? :shrug:

You should not get any fault codes at all. If you still get N249 mechanical malfunction and you hooked the DV up correctly then maybe your DV is faulty. As for the N112, did you leave the third nipple of the N112 open? It has to be opened (with the black cap on it).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.