Removing N249 valve - How To Guide

Jonzy

Yep, TIP just landed from forge. Depending how long it takes me, i might delay the wiring a little - will measure it up and make the loom tonight if i dont get time. Try me best :D

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
so your still fitting something today then? the TIP right? let me know how you get on! take the measurements of the inlet too as someone on here wants to know if it'll fit a GT eliminator

Jonzy

Yea, its fitted... whaat a total kant of a job. Not overly impressed by the workmanship on the TIP either. The mk4 golf one I got by samco is far better imho. Oh well, **** happens... only lost about a pint of blood in the process.

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
whats wrong with the worksmanship on the TIP? I suppose at least we can forgive forge/siliconhoses as they are listening to what we want!

Jonzy

Phil: yea, well i dont know... revo seems to be far better. More of what id expect from it, dont know wether the pipe is helping it or maybe a dodgy connection on a sensor.

David: its a manufacturing problem. The tape around the bottom metal breather is frankly, shite. Its actually coming away from the silicone wrapping and you can see the exposed ply underneath. Also a few of the fixed clamps need rotating to stop them fouling on various breather pipes.

On with the wiring anyway - going to try and replumb both the solnoids into either the scuttle panel or above the abs pump. Gunno have a potch sunday when I get a free minute.

flashbsd

so let me get this straight, you bypass the unit, but instead of using resistors, just leave the unit connected, and even though theres no pipes connected, it may still operate and not affect anything? I think ill do it this way :)

Has anybody got any pictures as i cant see any from the original post.

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
That sounds like a far easier way and simple to revert back to stock should you need to. Saves losing important bits!!!

flashbsd

cool, well ill do that at the weekend then. Just need some pictures so i know which hoses etc :)

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
flashbsd said:
so let me get this straight, you bypass the unit, but instead of using resistors, just leave the unit connected, and even though theres no pipes connected, it may still operate and not affect anything? I think ill do it this way :)

Has anybody got any pictures as i cant see any from the original post.

Thats what i did, i didnt fancy rigging up resistors, etc.

cuprazer

Hello folks!

Iv'e just bougt 1 high power resistor (50w +-5%/ 33 ohm), so im ready to start the clean up!:D

-Does any one got a wiring diagram for the (resistor-n249 coupling) pics???
-what and where should i solder the resistor to???

If pics cant be provided,il be greatfull for any kind of explination:confused:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Mate, i;d just try out firsy without cutting any wires and ****. See how it goes, this mod can cause some overboost and limp mode problems so do the tubing option as mentioned above first.

cuprazer

Thanx for the advice Phil!

Im now finished bypassing the tubing with no changes to the eletrics, the end result was amazing!

Gains:
-VERY fast DV respons.
-Before it dumped pressure at 0,7bar max, and now it dumps at 1,1 bar max
(SKN chip=1,1bar).
-Turbo spools up nicely and pressure is more stabile with no pulsing unlike before.
-I have not experienced any peaks or unusual behavior from the engine, yet.

Im very happy with this,but in the future il probably try the resistor part of it as well.That big black lump is just nasty on top of that beautyful engine!

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
good good this is what we like to hear! Jonzy is in the process of building a how to guide to complete this mod and relocate the unit to the skuttle panel to tidy up the engine bay!

Jonzy

Ive finally completed the loom

DSCF3117Small.jpg

DSCF3118Small.jpg

Proper AMP connections used, booted to stop damage.

The whole thing is braided and uses 8amp cable.

DSCF3121Small.jpg

All joints are double heat shrinked, the whole thing is a metre long.

Need a little more vac pipe and make a bracket up to hold the solinoid in place in the scuttle and then I can write a proper guide.

And before anyone starts tapping out 'Can you make me one' - theyll set you back about 18 quid and thats cost price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.