Removing N249 valve

May 2, 2006
Cheeky question , i know :redface:

I really want this removed but looking at all the guides on this website (including sims) i feel that if i attept this i will c*ck it up big style and probably knacker something in the process

is anyone from the north west aree have this done? if so , fancy doing mine ??? (will sort you out some cash for your time, can travel also) :whistle:

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
I've done mine, just took it off and left the sensors connected. I wasn't fussing around with resistors, or what have you, lol.

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Yeah, as far as i'm aware.

You can bypass it with all the parts in situ, i just did that and then removed the bits that the car wasn't using anymore.

May 2, 2006
have you got a guide on what you have done ???

not being funny but im no mechanic and the reason i wasnt doing it myself was because i didnt understand a word that was said on sims writeup

i know bits and bobs but normally leave it to the tuners to make it faster (or my mate to fit the parts), doubt any of them would even attempt to do this though

May 2, 2006
davidol said:
searchy searchy the tafia boys! ;)

already searched, hence how i got hold of sims writeup, i understand bits and bobs of the rightup, he seem'd to explain it very well, but half the stuff sim was going on about i have never heard of before

Philw, you in north or south wales ????

May 2, 2006
thats a bit far, was gonna say iv got family that live in north wales, never mind, cheers anyway

You still got them hoses for sale davidol?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
I'm in the North East near Middlesborough if you fancy the run out I can do it for you doesnt take long at all! Or I could try and take further photos to help you with it, it really is simple once you've stripped the pipes off. It looked complicated for me and I've done valve clearences on a gear driven cam V4 engine before!!

May 2, 2006
can you pm me your address please mate to see how far exactly you are

cheers, might take you up on that if you dont mind

photo's would help also .......

May 2, 2006
140miles away matey, cheers anyway, could you take some more pics and send them me please, if not, itl have to be a run down up your end at a weekend sometime

May 2, 2006
if you send me a list of parts i need, il get them and send them up to you (very trusting arnt i)

ie - size hoses i need etc ...

Cheers Craig, really appreciate this

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.