Removing Plastic console by handbrake

Wales FR

I was trying to remove the plastic console by handbrake and gearstick and after taking the 2 screws in the cup holder and the 2 under the gearstick the console altho loose did not come free. I did not like to force it so just wondering how it should be removed???

Thanks

Deleted member 13581

Im not sure, but is there any screws in the ashtray or footwell area?

When i took my MK4 Golf apart there was another screw in there and another 2 in the footwell area.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
what other bits you removed cup holder gear stick gaiter what else think you need to remove the hand brake cover there is a plastic panel were the hand brake leaver is.its were i put my phone think you need to remove that.

just nipped out side to have a look as it started to bug me.the way i did it was remove 2 screw under cup holder 2 screws under gear leaver gaiter removed hand brake cover remove plastic shown in pic then were it goes under dash just pull it its on velcro put your car in first gear and pull your hand brake on hard then lift from the back up and slid away from dash try that

hears pic iv just taken i even made my self bleed :cry:

DSC00179.jpg

Last edited:

Wales FR

Thanks Adam, that did the trick. :) Didnt want to just rip anything out with a risk of breaking it.

Sorry bout the injury mate :doh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise