removing radio

Tom_W

hi, i have someone fitting a sub, amp and headunit into my new formula sport next week. Do i need to purchase removal keys to take the standard radio out as i hadn't got any with the car? The instruction manual has nothing in it about removing the unit and other sites mention the removal key but its best to ask the people who know best.

my parents also own an ibiza and are looking for new genuine seat wheel trims to replace the old scratched ones has anyone got any ideas where to find some?

Cheers

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
Tom

I replaced mine at Seat main dealer! Not cheap though - expect £20 each.

If you do - then take off one of the scratched ones because you should find the part number on the rear. Take a photo of the trim with you because there were two different variations of mine.

:confused:

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
One more thing Tom.

Would you mind sharing how much you managed to haggle your FS for ???

I want to buy one myself and would be very helpful - but I totally understand if you don't want to !

:doh:

MattBennett

Nov 14, 2005
Tom where abouts are you? I have some radio removal keys and if your near by I could pop your radio out for you

spidermonkey

I just went to my local Halfrauds and asked if they could take it out for me. They did no probs, free of charge. Worth a punt.

Tom_W

i dont wanna say how much i paid but got fair bit off coz knew someone in the trade. play one dearlership against another the seat dealership wanted to match the offer but was too late for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
No probs, I'm gonna keep my MK3.

The most I've been offered for it is £795 ... bodywork not in good condition and I think this is a fair price.

This was against a 1 year old Fabia vRS.

So if she's only worth £795 (£500 against a "normal" model) then I might as well keep her and not bother with servicing too much until she goes bang!

TBH - I've got fed up of looking I think! :doh:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
If your looking at spending £20 on a set of wheel trims for the car, you may be able to get a set of second hand alloy wheels for that.

Mark Solesbury

Remove the tray underneath by pulling it hard, and get your fingers in the air holes at the top. Pull it hard and down.

Get an old credit card, cut it up so that it fits in the slots at the bottom. (about half a cm) - Push the card into the slots

Get your fingers into where the tray was and pull from the back.

It should come out after that.

Cotton

Jul 23, 2007
Rotherham
if you have someone changing it all for you then they surely should supply the keys to take it out, or so i would have thought

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members