Removing the front badge on Cupra/Boca

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Thought i'd do a quick guide following the very sucessfull handle guide.

1. Remove the two mushroom type clips at the top edge of the grill. Pop the top of the grill forward, this will open up the surround a little. Then using a plastic trim type tool thats quite thin release the tabs around the outside of the grill, two at the sides and two under neath.

91471c7a.jpg

bf2735b4.jpg

Then the grill pulls out.

2. With the grill out, flip it over and you can see the two plastic melted tags, cut them off with side cutters or melt them with a soldering iron.

83c6444f.jpg

74a27ea0.jpg

Then there is just tabs around the outside holding it in, so use the trim tool and a screwdriver to gently lever the tabs away from the badge and push the badge to the rear.

b1c21a43.jpg

And then fit the badge in whatever colour you have painted it.

a8639098.jpg

Hope this helps

Reactions: LuM

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The clips are in two parts, you just pull up the top part which pulls out the core of then the lower part of the clip and that then slides out, like a plastic rivet.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I used end cutters than kinda pinch, works a treat, but tbh you can use your nails and pop them up. Just depends if you have mans hands like me of if you tap keyboard buttons for a living ;)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Poor iphone pics which isnt great at picking up the badge tbh, in the metal you can still see it its just not as prominant.

d9739737.jpg

30326d1a.jpg

eb255b5c.jpg

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
mmmmmmm yummie!!!! That is perfect mate! I am gonna get mine done now at some point hehehehehehhehehehe

tkmking

Hi there, new to the forums and about to buy a black cupra. I think it would look the dogs nadgers with a black front badge. What colour paint did you use and what brand? Don't want it starting to wear and chip etc looking poo!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.