removing the Headlights

MMCrewcupra

Oct 28, 2006
Hi guys, iv got a leon cupra, x reg and i want to remove the headlights to try and do something,

can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this, iv removed the 2 top nuts etc but they just wont come out,

please dont tell me its a remove the bumper jobby cus thats gonna be a pain aint it

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Pah, get yourself a Facom-esque screwdriver-bit ratchet and some Torx bits - £20 - money well spent if you don't have to jack the car up every time and take the wheels off ;)

Lee - if you've not done it already, you'll find there will probably be a couple of bolts under the black corner rub-strips (you don't have to re-fit these when putting the bumper back on, if you don't want to)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hehe bumper - i loved that job.

2 bolts behind the caps either side of the bumper - little round discs - pain to get out without damaging them
2 bolts behind the grills either side of the foglights
assortment of clips under the leading edge of the bonnet
few more screws underneath
both arch liners out you'll see more screws
there's a bumper guide on each side just above and forwards of the bumper where it meets the wing - you can take these out with a small socket :)

do NOT use BFI - this is one job it won't help with.

However this IS one job where putting it back together IS easier than taking it to bits.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise