Renda's Ibiza TDI Sport (pd130)

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Easy for you to say when you have better profiles on your Cupra seats... They didn't suck, it's just that they were a bit too buckety for everyday use, gets annoying getting in and out of them...

In the Ibiza the Sport, FR and Cupra seats are all the same, just different materials and patterns on them...:(

Thanks for the compliment coming from the owner of the Croatian N1 Leon!;)

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
My favorite MK4 on this site!!!

I like to see ibizas with with different alloys to the ones which are usually put on i.e cupra, vrs, audi, bbs. Makes a nice change and looks cool!

Car sits just perfect aswell matey, not too low.

You got any pictures of the sound system mate?

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks mate!:)

I've got some pictures of different setups I had before. Now I'm back to the first one with only one sub (weight reduction :D)

kutijami0.jpg

pict1132ly7.jpg

pict1383xd1.jpg

pict3771editedtc9.jpg

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
The hu is an Alpine 9855R, has lots of settings and great sound quality!

The box slides a bit when cornering harder, but just moves to the center of the boot, it doesn't hit the other side! :D

The front speakers are DLS R6A powered by a DLS CA21 and the sub is a Rockford Fosgate HE2 (400W rms) powered by a DLS A6 at 1ohm giving about 800W rms...

The setup with two subs was loud, but didn’t have that much quality. With one sub it’s a great compromise between the loudness and the sound quality..

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
The hu is an Alpine 9855R, has lots of settings and great sound quality!

The box slides a bit when cornering harder, but just moves to the center of the boot, it doesn't hit the other side! :D

The front speakers are DLS R6A powered by a DLS CA21 and the sub is a Rockford Fosgate HE2 (400W rms) powered by a DLS A6 at 1ohm giving about 800W rms...

The setup with two subs was loud, but didn’t have that much quality. With one sub it’s a great compromise between the loudness and the sound quality..

Cheers for that mate,

I'm into sound systems, always good to know about different setups.

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Long time no update...:blink:

Few random pics:

pict6947my3.jpg

pict6940gj8.jpg

pict6906sc0.jpg

And what I've been wanting to get for a long time... Unfortunately it's not a hybrid, but the OEM Cupra TDI turbo will do...:)

pict6909la2.jpg

Mounted it on the car three days ago and yesterday went to get it mapped on a dyno. First to see the change with just the turbo (and old map). 5hp more than before ( now 174hp)...
But ran into some sort of problem with mapping it, so booked it in a week from now and hope it will all go to plan then.

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks mate!

If only I had a better camera, but for that money I'd rather put something new on the car!:D

My dad returned home today with his camera. I took a few shots with it (it's a bit better then mine)...

p8190116ja7.jpg

p81900881wh5.jpg

p8190090dm8.jpg

p8190110op6.jpg

p81900891pd3.jpg

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Amazing pictures... I wish we had scenery like that in London!

Your car is one of my favorite MK4s, and seeing it a few years ago made me buy one! Hopefully mine will be near your standard soon :)

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Amazing pictures... I wish we had scenery like that in London!

Your car is one of my favorite MK4s, and seeing it a few years ago made me buy one! Hopefully mine will be near your standard soon :)

Nice to know it made you hooked on the mk4's...:)

Thanks guys!

Today the car was mapped on a dyno, and the results are 190hp (@flywheel) and 440Nm of torque (will have to watch the clutch)...

Here's the graph...

scan0001xn9.jpg

It just feels so much more powerful on the road. If I floor it in 2nd it spins the tyres (which it didn't do before) and just pulls harder.
It's a bit smokey, but not too much, and if I find in too much during time, a second map is already prepared with about 3hp less and minimal smoke...

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Well...the clutch didn't last for long...:lol:

Now saving for an uprated Sachs clutch kit and an OEM flywheel...

In the meanwhile, lifted the coilies for the winter setup :)D). I've put the adjustor cups back on at the rear end and lifted the front for 6mm (and it doesn't rub any more!). Now I'm waiting for colder weather to put 16"s with winters on.

pict6987editedeq8.jpg

And finally got a fully functional boot without having to take out the sub! The sub is now in a box made to fit the space for the spare wheel and also one amp is under the double floor. The other amp couldn't fit under there so had to mount it on the rear bench.

pict6991editednk9.jpg

pict6993editedha5.jpg

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
No updates for a while because i had trouble with the car. First it started limping like it was in safe mode or something (couldn't hear the turbo) and didn't want to go over 2000 rpm.
Took it to my mechanic and turned out the injectors were blocked because of some dirt in the fuel. Had them cleaned (plus the tank and the pump) and problem fixed.

Couple of weeks later (when it was around -13C) the ventilation stopped working (didn't blow hot or cold)! Waited 2 weeks to take it to the mechanic and had it fixed. The ventilation fen died so the whole dash had to be removed to change it! Luckily there are no new squeaks in the car!

When fixing the ventilation I also had something new installed...:whistle:

Helix clutch and a new dual mass flywheel. It’s now a bit harsher to drive, but I’ll get used to it... :D

And also yesterday I replaced my Valeo front wipers with Bosch AeroTwin ones because Valeos started leaving lines on the windshield.