Replace CD changer with storage query

Fazi12321

Feb 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I've just purchased a LCR and am looking to get rid of the CD changer as I'm replacing the head unit with something a little more up to date.

I've rung around a few dealers and the storage bit of trim which replaces the CD changer is no longer available. Would anybody on here have one or perhaps know of another way of making the space more usable?

Thanks

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, the 'inserts; are availiable on ebay now and again. As far as i know there are no aftermarket ones available.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
eBay or a breakers is likely to be the only option. The MK1 has a same dashboard an MK1 Audi A3, not sure if the liners are the same but that may give you more options.

You maybe able to make a liner out of cardboard while you're looking for one.

Had an aftermarket autochanger in mine when I bought it. Took it out and some numpty had butcher the liner to make it fit. There was no support brackets holding it just what was left of the liner, no wonder the playback kept skipping. As a temporary fix I wrapped a load of parcel tape around it and sealed the bottom with a beer bottle box (Stella I think). 13 years later it's still the same.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise