Replace interior ambient lights to LED

misiakupatego

Mar 5, 2017
Hello,

Does anybody try replace interior ambient bulbs in headliner to LED? Parts no?

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
...unless the standard bulbs have that yellowish tinge that most dislike in comparison to a pure white.

FR+Xcellence already have the LED interior do they not?

Some suppliers do red blue or green sets as you may prefer to colour match the interior or exterior of the car

Last edited:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
...unless the standard bulbs have that yellowish tinge that most dislike in comparison to a pure white.

FR+Xcellence already have the LED interior do they not?

Some suppliers do red blue or green sets as you may prefer to colour match the interior or exterior of the car

Pretty sure ours are LED, but really, you’d never notice unless you really looked. Same in the A3 where apparently the panoramic roof requires the selection of LED interior light pack. Why I do not know... How often do you get in the car in the dark, and how often are the lights on for? 10 seconds if that. I wouldn’t spend any time or effort changing them!

Is it just the FR and Xcellence that get the adjustable mood lighting in the doors? Ours is set to red, and the lowest brightness. But it’s still quite bright!

Reactions: saveoursouls

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Most LEDs in cars I know are yellow as it creates a fake heat effect.

LED's can be had in 'pure white' light, (which I prefer in most cars) and the more yellowy-tinged 'warm white' - which are meant to replicate the effect of traditional bulbs, but obviously burning cooler, using less power and hopefully out-lasting the rest of the vehicle.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
If you mean the courtesy lights then I changed mine to LED bulbs, think they look much smarter, just a pity there aren't any in the rear as it is very dark.

Thyper

Apr 5, 2018
Kent
I replaced the standard interior bulbs in my Mk6 Ibiza 1.0 MPI SE Tech with these:

KaTur Super Bright 5630 Chipsets Aluminum CanBus Error Free 1.72'' 42mm DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 6428 7065 LED Festoon Car Interior Door Map Dome Lights Xenon White 12V

UltraVision LED 501 | W5W | T10 Sidelight Bulbs , 12 V, 5 W, Pack of 2 - Pure White Side Lights 6000k

Both from Amazon. I need to change the number plate bulb to LED but need to find OBDEleven setting first and then the boot light next.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members