Still retains your low def original screen

paulolourenco76

Apr 12, 2015
Edinburgh
Three things wrong with that model :-

Pricey

No mention of ability to change vehicle settings

Still retains your low def original screen

Yes maybe pricey, but it retains your original unit, so yes, you still access your car settings and dab, etc. Downside is you do retain the screen.
Let's face it, replacing the unit may end up being a faf cause it is all coded in. This just provides a plug and play option. It is no mirrorlink either... :(

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Guys now I will do my second Multimedia retrofit on same car. First I upgraded from 5.0" screen to 5.8". After this upgrade I could not get navigation, voice command and bluetooth working. Dealers and Seat did not help me for activation. But if you already have 5.8" system on your car you can use same functions with 6.5" system without any problem. New features like navigation and full link needs activation. I found an unlocked multimedia main unit which is running a test software on it. It has all features unlocked and no component protection. I will install it tomorrow and I can say that it works with 5.8" screen or not. I also purchased 6.5" screen. By the way media-in socket must be changed also. You need to use full link compatible USB+Aux interface. Wirings are different. I have purchased wiring diagrams from Seat and I can share my experiences here. If you need personal support please feel free to send me a PM.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cihazimdan Gonderildi

Deleted member 98136

Best of luck with installation ysfdncr, please keep us informed of your progress mate.

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Guys now I will do my second Multimedia retrofit on same car. First I upgraded from 5.0" screen to 5.8". After this upgrade I could not get navigation, voice command and bluetooth working. Dealers and Seat did not help me for activation. But if you already have 5.8" system on your car you can use same functions with 6.5" system without any problem. New features like navigation and full link needs activation. I found an unlocked multimedia main unit which is running a test software on it. It has all features unlocked and no component protection. I will install it tomorrow and I can say that it works with 5.8" screen or not. I also purchased 6.5" screen. By the way media-in socket must be changed also. You need to use full link compatible USB+Aux interface. Wirings are different. I have purchased wiring diagrams from Seat and I can share my experiences here. If you need personal support please feel free to send me a PM.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cihazimdan Gonderildi

See if you can find how to disable component protection on them or clear the security memory,
seat wont help with radios from ebay, they only instal what they think is the upgrade for your car and only if you buy brand new from them for £1575 I was there twice .They don't help in mod or conversions , only upgrade with loads of cash you looking at £2000 for the cupra one

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
See if you can find how to disable component protection on them or clear the security memory,
seat wont help with radios from ebay, they only instal what they think is the upgrade for your car and only if you buy brand new from them for £1575 I was there twice .They don't help in mod or conversions , only upgrade with loads of cash you looking at £2000 for the cupra one
You need to access VW online portal to disable component protection. It is called GeKo access. You also need VAS5054 diagnoistic device and odis software installed on your computer. You can find all of these tools on internet but GeKo access is main problem. Only dealers have login information to access to portal. There are some guys on internet selling one time GeKo access but I could not find for Seat brand. Only VW and Audi is available. Otherwise you need to go to a dealer just to remove the component protection. If you submit legal invoice of the part that you purchased, dealers in my country remove component protection. But if you need any activation like navigation, voice command etc. they do not know what to do and how to do because they never did it before. Cars coming avtivated from factory. Only full link activation is available because it is in accessories price list.

Last edited:

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
SEAT UK, told me they do nothing on eBay parts, must be ordered from the manufacturer and to the vehicle specifications so to upgrade a Leon to 6inch, the 6 inch radio requires new ecu new cluster new control unit and new software so it can work, I wanted the radio on the 2016 Leon FR Technick
these new leon are problem with mod

May 27, 2019
Hi All,

Just took delivery of a December 2014 Leon ST FR 2.0TDi 150PS. It came with the Media System Plus (3D Sat Nav).

I'd asked the dealer if it would be possible to upgrade to the head unit to use with my iPhone 6 through Carplay, he said only Leons from May 2015 would be upgradeable, but mine wouldn't. Below doc (page 6 -- MirrorLink but not CarPlay) confirms it:

seat.com/content/dam/public/models/carworld-generic/carworld-generic-pdfs/full-link-compatibility-smartphones.pdf

Does anyone know how easy / much it is to source the upgraded 2015 Media System Plus head unit -- and would a straight swap even work? I don't want 3rd party, as I want to retain parking sensors, car controls etc.

Which model number should I look for, and where is the best place -- eBay? Would I be better off waiting a few months for units to appear from breakers yards?

TIA guys!

Has anyone installed an ALPINE iLZ-702LEON ?? is it as good as they make out?

Daytones

May 12, 2020
Has anyone installed an ALPINE iLZ-702LEON ?? is it as good as they make out?

Miles late for this reply, but then again It wasnt untill feb I fitted one...

but yes I have bought and installed the ILX-702LEON from Alpine in my 2003 leon sc, and yes... Even though its a fancy screen technically it is MUCH better than the stock radion sat nav system, just having the ability to use my phones satnav and spotify etc was worth the premium.

Much more customiseable, still has all my car settings with the included CANBUS adapter.

Been modding my car alot since Lockdown due to covid but this was done beforehand. sometimes abit crap when using stalk to change volume, you can roll it up and radio takes a few seconds to catchup but imagine thats because its going through loops to tell car what to do etc.

Other than that sounds fantastic, looks snazzy, and wasnt that much of a pain to fit.

Reactions: kevster184
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.