Replaced window lifter/regulator - Now airbag light on - What to do?

toledo_Kw

Hi,

So I was another victim of the "Passenger window lifter" curse that seems to be hitting all of us

So I went ahead and had it replaced completely, costed me a pretty penny but what to do.

Now everything is ok but after this "intervention" airbag light on my dash is ON.

Any significant reason for that and any ways to turn it off without visiting Stealers ?

Thanks

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You need to hook up to either vagcom or a suitable scanner tool to see if there's a code first but also to clear it. I can't think why it would be on after dealing with a window reg though.
Did you put the car to the dealer to get it replaced?
What age of toledo is it?

toledo_Kw

Well, on the dealer part yes and no.

In the middle of the biggest rain this year my window failed to close, so I took of the door liners/covers and closed the window manually to stop rain coming inside.
On the next day I took it to stealers to have the lifter replaced. On the way there air bag light came on, and I forgot to mention it to them (my fault) but it really kills me to go back there again over this :(

It's a MY 2006 Toledo

Could the moisture trigger a problem because my passenger seat was soaked wet, and so was I because it was pouring like crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Maybe, it could be as simple as the plug under the seat, maybe just pulling it and plugging it back in would fix it but it still needs something to clear it. You can buy quite good scanner tools that can tell you the fault and clear codes quite cheaply. I bought the autel vag405 and even did a small review.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326698

There's others about too that are as good these days, usually find them on ebay. Just have a browse and when you come across something that looks half decent just google it and look for reviews for end users.