Replacement side mount intercooler

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
After seeing another thread i thought i'd ask if anyone as replaced there side mount rather than going the FMIC route.

This is the cooler on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b754d79b and for when the link goes dead VW GOLF MK4 1.8T GTI BORA JETTA INTERCOOLER KIT mini_bikes the seller

There are the results found after changing
And taken from this thread http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/383939.aspx?PageIndex=6

screenshot20101123at201.png

Quite a good drop in temps don't you think?

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
from the reviews i have read and the quality i have seen (my bro has one on his A3) its a well made item. I have bought one for mine and wil replace it with a fmic when cash allows me. should be fitting it this weekend with the R bumper :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good alternative to have if the proof is there of reductions in intake temps over on ukmivs then it must be worth a go.

Aug 24, 2007
vent the arch liner to improve air flow and looks like it would be a worthy mod :)

mookster

May 29, 2010
I'm picking up one of these from them today - as I'll be driving past them and got them to do it for £100.

It is just the intercooler but has the same outlet sizes as the OEM SMIC so the original hoses can be used. Just hope the inlet & outlet are very close to the original position. My Plan is to drill the arch between swapping out the 2 ICs.

Will try and take loads of pics and let you guys know how I get on.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
this looks like a knock off from the aged Boostfactory SMIC

It didn't really work - and was hugely less effective than an FMIC.

No need or point in venting the back of your arch liner - the "low" pressure you will create aft of the SMIC is no more than there is already, and won't "suck" more air through....

You should have saved your money I'm afraid.... but at least this one won't crack on the plastic joints like the original can.

wezy0

wezy0 leon lc
Nov 10, 2009
westyorkshire
ebay side intercooler

has eneyone see the side intercooler on ebay dont no how to do a link ther under wv golf 1.8t bora jetta intercooler kit.ther £104.ther just like the forge.i have just orderd 1

Pyro

There's already a thread on it started by lee69 it on page two ;) stick a post in there once it's fitted and let us know how it is?

wezy0

wezy0 leon lc
Nov 10, 2009
westyorkshire
There's already a thread on it started by lee69 it on page two ;) stick a post in there once it's fitted and let us know how it is?[/QUOTE yes sound mate ill let you no when it come.you got to sant pod this year.i ant been befor so mite go down

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.