Replacing airbox with induction kit

Hirdmeister

on all my other cars i have had, i have removed the airbox and replaced with an induction kit - differing makes maily but all on petrol cars ranging from 1.4l to 2.5l v6's.

Now i have a Leon FR Tdi, can i repeat the process here? even if its a diesel engine?

If so, has anyone else done it - i am sure someone has.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yes, yes you can mate - i had a K&N 57i kit on mine which did exactly what it was supposed to (including giving it a nice burble) however others have claimed it either makes no difference or produces better results by modifying the airbox and using a panel filter.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
yep as MJ says, dont bother as its not big gains like a petrol can see. The airbox and intake on the Leon isnt too bad as standard, just get a Green panel filter and smooth the airbox if you can be bothered. Theres loads about this in the TDI section.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
I have a Carbonio Cold Air Intake fitted to my TDI it sounds good and works well - im happy - go for it there are loads to choose from

Hirdmeister

to be honest, i am not after power gains, got a re-map planned for that. I'm just after the induction noise! :p

Hirdmeister

thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to go for the K&N option. Not at the moment though as the following happened:-

Seat Leon + back road + black ice + verge + signpost + hedge = Accident.

:cry:

Hopefully it wont be a right off.

Just got my seatcupra.net stickers too!