Replacing convenience module

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
Hi all,
I've finally decided on a replacement module, second hand as it's discontinued unfortunately.
My question is am I able to just fit this part without any worries as I have been in contact with seat and jkm for programming and seat have warned me that I could have the ecu "lock" everything up and leave me with a very expensive paper weight. Jkm won't touch second hand parts.
Delivery is later this afternoon and I just want the job done, the part numbers are exactly the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Ed

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
I've changed the module and it doesn't seem like any damage was done to my car or the electrics. The one thing that I have noticed is that the remote key fob doesn't work now, probably would need to be programmed.

Nick warren

Feb 13, 2018
Buy a vcds cable off eBay <£20 and follow fob reprogramming guide on here. I've done mine as my drivers door electrics stopped working and replaced everything from door modules, Looms and central conv module. Didn't work! But all the new fobs and modules still "work" even got the beep when unlock to work. And the auto lock/unlock on other doors. I think I downloaded vcds 3.1

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Midlife_crisis

Jun 1, 2016
Buy a vcds cable off eBay <£20 and follow fob reprogramming guide on here. I've done mine as my drivers door electrics stopped working and replaced everything from door modules, Looms and central conv module. Didn't work! But all the new fobs and modules still "work" even got the beep when unlock to work. And the auto lock/unlock on other doors. I think I downloaded vcds 3.1

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a go as I have run out of ideas and is considering getting rid.