Replacing Focus ST with Leon Cupra R?

Antake

Oct 15, 2018
Hi! I'm looking at finding something to replace my current Focus. I saw a picture of the Leon Cupra R online and knew that was the car immediately. My next question, my HP finance for my Focus ended a few months ago, and I now completely own the car - my question is would i be paying any tax on selling it? I've had a look at this tax calculator online but it blows up the amount of tax I would pay if I add the value of the Focus onto it? Never sold a car myself (been on PCP finance most of my life) so have 0 idea how all this goes!

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Cheers :)

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
What do you mean tax?

You don't sell the car with any VED tax, any remaining on the car gets refunded to you by the DVLA.
You don't have to pay income tax for private car sales.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Nope no tax at all, whatever you sell it for is what you'll have in your pocket after.

As for the cupra r, think you'll struggle to get one as I think there was only ever 25 in the UK, may be wrong? Should be able to get a standard cupra though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do you mean this Cupra R (MK3)

Seat-Leon-Cupra-R-2017-limited-edition-hot-hatchback-850272.jpg

This Cupra R (MK2)

IMG_20180818_124059__01-2320x1305.jpg

Or this Cupra R (MK1)

untitled-72_0.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nope no tax at all, whatever you sell it for is what you'll have in your pocket after.

As for the cupra r, think you'll struggle to get one as I think there was only ever 25 in the UK, may be wrong? Should be able to get a standard cupra though.

Yeah there was only 24 for the UK market and these were all sold before they were released!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yeah there was only 24 for the UK market and these were all sold before they were released!
I thought so. Would be nice to get hold of one of them and hang onto it for a few years.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I thought so. Would be nice to get hold of one of them and hang onto it for a few years.

Imagine! That’s not only just 24 for the UK market, that’s 24 Right Hand Drive models world wide altogether that have been made. They’ll appreciate mad over the next 10 years!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
One at Letchworth. Costly though!!

fdf0539fb3caa3edf11ed807a48c0171.jpg
Would be handy if the hp payment on that ad was less than my mortgage but unfortunately it's not so for now it's a no go.

You could probably double that price over the next few years, especially if they carry on getting written off at the statistical rate that they have until now lol (Yes I know it's only 1 but they've not been around all that long )

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Imagine! That’s not only just 24 for the UK market, that’s 24 Right Hand Drive models world wide altogether that have been made. They’ll appreciate mad over the next 10 years!
Highly doubtful.. a SEAT Leon is hardly a classic car. We all know they are great cars and excellent value, but they are neither widely desirable nor collectors items.

Reactions: Jazzjames

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Highly doubtful.. a SEAT Leon is hardly a classic car. We all know they are great cars and excellent value, but they are neither widely desirable nor collectors items.

Incorrect. Personally I would say amongst the VAG/ Hot Hatch market they are pretty highly desirable. They will definitely appreciate and they will definitely become a modern classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
Incorrect. Personally I would say amongst the VAG/ Hot Hatch market they are pretty highly desirable. They will definitely appreciate and they will definitely become a modern classic.

'Definitely' going to appreciate and become a modern classic... when it is essentially a regular Cupra with tacky different coloured bits... right, sure. ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise