Replacing Stereo in Toledo MKIII

geff

May 26, 2010
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so first of all HI!! :)

My wife has bought (under my advice) a '55 Seat Toledo 1.9TDI Stylance. She is really pleased with the car, as am I but the only niggle we have is that the stereo is poop. It doesn't support MP3's at all and has no Aux in. Someone has fitted an Ipod connector to it on the CD Changer input but the sound is rubbish from it and only comes out 1 speaker.

The decision has been made to invest in a new HU . I am totally confused by the plethora of facia adapters there are. First of all I'm not 100% sure of what colour I require; it's not black but not sure whether it's silver or anthracite. Also I don't know whether I just need the facia plate or the facia kit, theres substancial price difference in them. I assume the current stereo just fits into an already present double din slot??? Or am I wrong with that?

Sorting out the ISO harness and Stalk Adapter isn't a problem. But any advice on the above would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Geff

tinky

Apr 13, 2010
I'm waiting for the fascia for altea (single din, with pocket which can be placed either at the top or the bottom). Could sell it to you once i get it, as i'm not going to fit aftermarket hu anymore (recent turbo failure forced change of plans). Also i have iso lead and aerial adapter. PM me if interested. Oh, by the way, don't fascia will be EXACTLY same colour as old unit, but i was planning on putting 3M DI-NOC carbon vinyl on it and aircon, so it didn't matter to me anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members