Request to all Cupra TDI Owners

zidane

Wheely said:
Try this recent thread : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71527

Myself, dreadnaught and a few others are in the same situation.

I havent contacted my dealer yet -- will do very soon.

MARK

Very interesting, especially one guy whose dealer changed his with no quibbles, my dealer said no way unless Seat Customer Care approve it first - i.e I've got to do running round.

Mine slips when tootling along in 4/5 gear and floor it at 2000 rpm. the revs rise to about 2500 rpm then fall back.

This does seem to be a more widespread problem. Wonder if all of these were 2004 Cupra TDI's - ie a bad batch.

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
I did 66k in my old 20vt revod with 236ftlbs and 210bhp..no slip

my current Leon Cupra TDI has done 23k and was revo'd the first week I had it..
and it doesn't slip....

it has had occasional slipping smelly moments though but only very rarely and mostly involving hill starts...

perhaps you have just glazed or shined the plates and a little more driving will see the plates bite again?

stevefish69

90K+ in my old 20VT and Currently on 19K on my FR Tdi. Neither have slipped once.

Wizardtm

At this moment I have 90.000 Km (!!) on the clock and no slipping clutch what so ever.

My car is a Ibiza 1.9TDI sport 130pk @ 171 pk/419 Nm .

AL-TDI

AL-TDI
May 10, 2005
Walsall West Mids
14k on mine and it has slipped a few times when engines not fully warmed 3rd gear put your foot down at about 2500 and it rises to about 3500 then drops to 3000 not spoken to the stealer yet though as it has been Revo'd

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
well just saqw my clutch . not brand spanking new looking , but plenty of meat on it still 40K odd , as said b4 , only slipped twice momentarily

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Ant FR said:
all this talk of huge torque on tdi's,

So there is a downside,

Laughs smugly to himself

Poking the petrol V's diesel fire.... :ban:

Joker!! :)

(Off topic.... i think i need a petrol 1.8T.... I want IHI power! :( )

Last edited:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
DIFT said:
Poking the petrol V's diesel fire.... :ban:

Joker!! :)

(Off topic.... i think i need a petrol 1.8T.... I want IHI power! :( )

Don't we all don't we all,

But JBS 04 power looks fecking good for 290 Bhp, £1998 to go just found some more change down the back of my desk, Yes!!!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Zidane

My TDI Sport 130 (which was remapped by Seat Holland to around 155-160bhp when new, IE similar output to a Cupra TDI) started slipping during it's first winter, around 14-15k miles I think it was.

The dealership changed it under warranty.

BTW They didn't know it was chipped, I didn't lie - they just didn't ask (and obviously didn't see the "Tuned by Seat" stamp in the service book)

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Had new clutch and master cylinder in my std Ibiza Cupra TDi after 17k. Dealer tried to discourage me from claiming but I went ahead with it.
Potentially it could cost a fair amount if it's due to "driver error" as they worded it to me. 6 hours worth of labour costs rings a bell

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
So the cars that had slip, and or were replaced, was the friction material worn away ??? if not then it must be some mechanical issue that should be covered warranty ...yes ??? ( and hence not a driver issue )

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
heres my clutch pics , dunno wat theyll tell u but il post anyhow , 43k on it basically , no massive damage , nothing missing , no marks on the pressure plate, is mad by sachs who do my upgrqaded one , i believe some oem ones where by LUK, anyhow here they are

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise