reset "service now" message

yorkie 13

:think: hi everyone, i have a 2002 bamma tdi se, bought a fault code/reset tool, did a full service and also replaced brakes which was a pain in the arse as the suppliers sold me the wrong pads, three times!!!!
told them the brakes were for 300mm discs but their book and ignorance knew better(dummies) anyway, am still getting "service now" message as reset tool wont turn the damn message off, does anyone know how to reset the message with the trip meter etc??????? any info greatly appreciated as fed up of bleep as soon as i press brake pedal. thankyou, john:D

Ok try this.....
with the ignition switched off, press and hold the trip meter reset button and turn on ignition
turn the MINUTE hand of the digital clock to the right, turn off ignition and hopefully the indicator has been reset?
apparently this is in the user hand book?
or.... again ignition switched off, press and hold the trip meter reset button whilst turning on ignition
hold trip reset until four dashes "----" appear in display and then release the trip button, turn off the ignition and see what happens?

there is a school of though that suggests the bonnet has to be open for a while before you do this? fooling the ECU into thinking that something has been done to the engine!:confused: cant see that myself as it would mean that the dealers actually has to employ someone clever enough to open the bonnet :roflmao:

yorkie 13

hi fredt, thanks for your message, to all bamma 2000 onwards the first method is the correct one and its great now, peace and quiet when the ignition is switched on, theres no need to open the bonnet to fool the ecu thankfully. many thanks john