Residual value after 3 years

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Hello
I'm new to this board, having just ordered a standard Cupra Ateca on a 2 year lease.

I spent a long time deliberating whether to buy or lease.
Since I've made my decision, this is now a largely academic question for me personally.
However, I'd be very interested to know your thoughts on the likely residual values of the standard version and/or cars with the added packs.

Thanks.

Deleted member 103408

Higher spec cars should always sell quicker so dealers are less likely to reduce prices on forecourt.

Base models therefore can suffer price reduction.

The current world trade / political mess is likely to cause some challenges for car dealers, we did have a dealer on here recently who pointed out that new car sales have dropped badly but second hand market it strong so who knows.

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Auto Express compared the Cupra Ateca to an Audi SQ2 and a BMW X2 M35i recently.

The Ateca came out top , primarily down to price and practicality, if I remember correctly.

However, their estimate was that a top spec Ateca, £42k new, would depreciate by £24k over 3 years.

Reactions: Peller

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
That’s really interesting.Wonder what the depreciation will be after shorter periods,say 12-18 months?

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Looking at Leon Cupra sales, Second hand models are more expensive than new cars because of the wait time on the new builds.

I surprised myself when I went looking fro a second hand car and realised I could get a new one cheaper.

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
As of April 2019 based on 3 years/30k (CAP/HPI):

Cupra Ateca 58.6%
Cupra Ateca C+S 58.4%
Cupra Ateca C+S+Design 58.4%
Cupra Ateca Design 57.7%

Hope this helps
Thanks for those figures, Philip.

Taking the first example, CAP/HPI suggest that a standard car that is £36k new will be worth just over £21k after 3 years.
Does the £21k represent the anticipated price at a Seat/Cupra dealer?

Thanks again for your help.

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
Hi

To be honest I don't know if it relates to forecourt price, trade-in or private - the blog that has the tool I've been using, mentions 'value' and a ''price you should be able to buy at'.

Having said that, I read an article recently quoted a much lower figure of 41.6%, but for 36k miles over 3 years ('The Ateca doesn’t hold its value as well, retaining 41.6 per cent over the same period, losing £24,063 to be worth £17,426') - Just realised this is the same article you mentioned above

Personally, I'm using the CAP/HPI site for valuations but it's not looking promising for me as I'm erring towards the Leon Cupra R (probably will be similar to the Cupra Carbon @ 42.8%)

Mike_Rew

Oct 15, 2019
Hello
I'm new to this board, having just ordered a standard Cupra Ateca on a 2 year lease.

I spent a long time deliberating whether to buy or lease.
Since I've made my decision, this is now a largely academic question for me personally.
However, I'd be very interested to know your thoughts on the likely residual values of the standard version and/or cars with the added packs.

Thanks.
Hi there
I just (today) signed up for a 2 year lease too. I'm coming from a lease Tiguan and was originally looking at an R Line, but even the cheapest 1.5 TSi worked out more over the 2 years than the Deal I got. I couldn't get close to the price for a lease in PCP so was a no brainer.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Hi there
I just (today) signed up for a 2 year lease too. I'm coming from a lease Tiguan and was originally looking at an R Line, but even the cheapest 1.5 TSi worked out more over the 2 years than the Deal I got. I couldn't get close to the price for a lease in PCP so was a no brainer.

Hello Mike
I collected our car today.
Drove it back from the garage, just me in the car, in individual mode (engine and gearbox in sport setting).
Got home and took the family for a drive, in comfort setting; gearbox in D rather than S.
I think that our car will be living a Jekyll and Hyde existence!
When do you get your car?

Mike_Rew

Oct 15, 2019
Hello Mike
I collected our car today.
Drove it back from the garage, just me in the car, in individual mode (engine and gearbox in sport setting).
Got home and took the family for a drive, in comfort setting; gearbox in D rather than S.
I think that our car will be living a Jekyll and Hyde existence!
When do you get your car?
Not until March. I think it's going to feel like 4 years instead of 4 months. I like the Jekyll and Hyde analogy. I think mine will be the same. Might see if I can pick it up when it's ready as Itll be coming from Peterborough and I'm in Havering

Black Cat

Sep 22, 2019
Not until March. I think it's going to feel like 4 years instead of 4 months. I like the Jekyll and Hyde analogy. I think mine will be the same. Might see if I can pick it up when it's ready as Itll be coming from Peterborough and I'm in Havering

Is March when your current lease ends?
I ordered in Sept and was told a factory order would not arrive until Jan.
However, the salesman accessed the production list at the factory in Czechoslovakia, and identified a car with our chosen spec that was about to enter the production line.
Got the car just over 3 weeks later.
My early thoughts about it:
In terms of its looks, ok but not outstanding.
However, it's a terrific and versatile drive; it can do smooth, calm and comfortable or sporty and quick.
Very happy with it.

Mike_Rew

Oct 15, 2019
Is March when your current lease ends?
I ordered in Sept and was told a factory order would not arrive until Jan.
However, the salesman accessed the production list at the factory in Czechoslovakia, and identified a car with our chosen spec that was about to enter the production line.
Got the car just over 3 weeks later.
My early thoughts about it:
In terms of its looks, ok but not outstanding.
However, it's a terrific and versatile drive; it can do smooth, calm and comfortable or sporty and quick.
Very happy with it.
Yes it's my current lease end. Not worried about the Reg being 20 as I've got a private plate I want on it
Glad you're enjoying yours